Thursday, 23 March, 2017
Today on KRTS
midnight-1 am | Midnight Snack
1-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | American Routes, explores the shared musical and cultural threads in blues and jazz, gospel and soul, old-time country and rockabilly, Cajun and zydeco, Tejano and Latin, roots rock and pop, avant-garde and classical and how they are distinguished
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | Rock-a-Billy, Billy and Joni Marginot host an hour of rockabilly music, the genre most often considered the foundations for rock n’ roll
8-10 pm | Honky-Tonk Happy Hour, hosted by David Branch, your weekly dose of old country honky-tonk
10-11 pm | Wreck Shop, hosted by Chloe Gallagher, hip-hop and R&B from the Golden Era to present day
11 pm-midnight | Rock Pillow, locally-hosted throwback show with classic rock oldies – usually based on a theme
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- FBI Director James Comey at the University of Texas Austin 3-23-2017
- Trans-Pecos Pipeline Crews Team Up with Border Patrol
- The Marfa Public Radio Membership Drive Begins March 31
- Marfa Public Radio is Looking for a Development Director!
- Federal Panel Rules Some of Texas’ Congressional Districts Illegal
- RT @marfamyths: #tbt to @MexicanSummer's Freak Terrains radio show crew broadcasting from @MarfaRadio last year. https://t.co/GDFMx0DKen 07:09:02 PM February 01, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marfashorthorns: Shout out to @MarfaRadio for hosting our media students last Friday! Stay tuned for the projects they're working on. h… 07:08:53 PM February 01, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprpolitics: NPR reporters will be fact-checking Trump's first press conference in 167 days. It will begin shortly: https://t.co/6EVCY1… 11:06:56 AM January 11, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News