“Playboy Marfa,” is a temporary sculpture that brings a 13-feet wide by 20-feet tall set of neon bunny ears to town.The sculpture features a car perched a top an askew concrete block that’s likened to a Donald Judd sculpture. Unlike many Big Bend construction projects, the scuplture went up quickly. Framework for the block and the ears were in place on Monday, and the installation was completed by Wednesday evening.
Wednesday, 23 April, 2014
Today on KRTS
midnight-2am Night Train
2am-5am Overnight Music
5-9:30am Morning Edition
9am On Point
10-11am Talk At Ten
11am-1pm Midday Classics
1-3pm Here & Now
3-4pm Afternoon Music
4-6pm All Things Considered
6:30-7pm Talk at Ten (replay)
7pm-9PM Geography of Jazz
9pm-11pm Lost Frequencies
11pm-midnight Overnight MusicTalk at Ten: Our local interview show is live at 10am and rebroadcast at 6:30pm.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
Talk At Ten: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- Monday: American Roots Musician Marisa Anderson To Talk 21st Century Folk
- Tuesday: Exploring the Big Bend Backcountry: How Safe Is It?
- Thursday: Marfa and Ft. Davis Students To Exhibit Work At Chinati Foundation
- Wednesday: Singer Songwriter Dana Falconberry returns to Marfa
- Friday: Marfa International School’s Young Writers Workshop With Jena Kirkpatrick
- Friday: Richard Siken
- http://t.co/oJTWWToCkS This hour we're broadcasting some of our winning Regional Murrow Award news stories. http://t.co/gfxafBPWXa about 4 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @reportinglabs: Small Texas town, big stories waiting to be told: Meet our #youth reporters from @MarfaRadio. http://t.co/A5NXa9rNyl about 8 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A wildfire from Mexico that blew into West Texas now coming under control. Yesterday it threatened Candelaria Texas. http://t.co/h8fhmRKKYq about 9 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.