“Playboy Marfa,” is a temporary sculpture that brings a 13-feet wide by 20-feet tall set of neon bunny ears to town.The sculpture features a car perched a top an askew concrete block that’s likened to a Donald Judd sculpture. Unlike many Big Bend construction projects, the scuplture went up quickly. Framework for the block and the ears were in place on Monday, and the installation was completed by Wednesday evening.
Saturday, 1 November, 2014
Today on KRTS
midnight-2 am Night Train
2-5 am Undercurrents
5-7 am Chicago Symphony
7-10 am Weekend Edition
10-11 am Car Talk
11 am-noon Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me
12-1 pm This American Life
1-3 pm World Cafe
3-4 pm Radiolab
4-5 pm All Things Considered
5-6 pm On The Media
6-8 pm Texas Music Hour of Power
8-10 pm Texas Music Front Porch
10 pm-midnight Music MixNPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
Talk At Ten: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- Tracking Mountain Lions In Texas: Rancher Supported Study Implies Population Is Stable
- Brewster County Tax Rollback Election Could Move from December 6 to January 13
- Dewhurst Asks for Price Tag to Expand Border Operations
- Time Car Rental Service in Marfa Will Close
- Responding to Quakes, Texas Passes Disposal Well Rules
- RT @tdbubenik: #BrewsterCounty Commissioners will consider postponing a tax rollback election from 12/6 to 1/13/15 - meeting on 11/3 http:/… about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today on our original interview show Talk At Ten, we speak with poet Jillian Weise, hosted by @rachmonroe. At 10am CT http://t.co/xd1VvhiQW0 about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @POETSorg: Here's Jillian Weise reading at last year's American Poets Prizes Ceremony: http://t.co/uYvhzjeWQ2 about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.