“Playboy Marfa,” is a temporary sculpture that brings a 13-feet wide by 20-feet tall set of neon bunny ears to town.The sculpture features a car perched a top an askew concrete block that’s likened to a Donald Judd sculpture. Unlike many Big Bend construction projects, the scuplture went up quickly. Framework for the block and the ears were in place on Monday, and the installation was completed by Wednesday evening.
Friday, 27 May, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | Old School Oldies (Rock ‘n’ Roll), locally hosted oldies program with your favorite classics from the 50s to the 80s
1-3 pm | Science Friday, news and entertaining stories about science, hosted by Ira Flatow
3-4 pm | Latino USA, radio journal of news and culture, is the only national, English-language radio program produced from a Latino perspective
4-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6:00-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
8-9 pm | World Music, hosted by Carol Fairlie, this program showcases music from around the world
9-10 pm | Sound Opinions, radio talk show that focuses on new releases and rock music
10 pm-midnight | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
*Rambling Boy, our Texas history program, begins after the 11am newscast
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- May 26: Alvin Lucier & Charles Curtis
- May 25: Live From the KRTS Youth Media Listening Party
- May 23: Bob Dylan at 75
- May 17: Remembering Guy Clark
- May 13: Wreckless Eric makes his way to Marfa TX this weekend
- May 12: NPR’s Kelly McEvers on Her New Podcast “Embedded”
- May 11: Oscar Garza on Texas Music and California Culture
- RT @traviswesttx: Live #YouthMedia broadcast & listening party @MarfaRadio. Stories reported & produced by #Marfa high schoolers. https://t… 06:51:52 PM May 25, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Our Youth Media stars are ready to go live with our Listening Party. They're on the red carpet now. https://t.co/So6pkMdLBI 06:27:26 PM May 25, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join us tonight 6p for the Youth Media Listening Party at @MarfaRadio and enjoy stories by students. @reportinglabs https://t.co/TxykcZn9iT 09:30:54 AM May 25, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.