“Playboy Marfa,” is a temporary sculpture that brings a 13-feet wide by 20-feet tall set of neon bunny ears to town.The sculpture features a car perched a top an askew concrete block that’s likened to a Donald Judd sculpture. Unlike many Big Bend construction projects, the scuplture went up quickly. Framework for the block and the ears were in place on Monday, and the installation was completed by Wednesday evening.
Sunday, 31 July, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-7 am | Concierto, classical music presented in Spanish and English, featuring classical music by Latin American and Spanish composers and musicians
7-10 am | Weekend Edition, wraps up the week’s news and offers a mix of analysis and features on a wide range of topics, including arts, sports, entertainment, and human interest stories
10-12 pm | American Routes, explores the shared musical and cultural threads in blues and jazz, gospel and soul, old-time country and rockabilly, Cajun and zydeco, Tejano and Latin, roots rock and pop, avant-garde and classical and how they are distinguished
12-1 pm | America’s Test Kitchen, a call-in show where the hosts take questions from kitchens around the country, solving problems and touching on a variety of cooking-related topics
1-3 pm | Boy Howdy with Hillie Bills
4-5 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
5-6 pm | TED Radio Hour, a show based on Talks given by riveting speakers on the world-renowned TED stage, each show is centered on a common theme
6-7 pm | Backstory (with the American History Guys), this show brings historical perspective to the events happening around us today, drilling down to colonial times and earlier, revealing the connections (and disconnections) between past and present
7-8 pm | The Moth, dedicated to storytelling with each show based on a theme that gets explored in different ways to showcase a great range of human experiences
8-9 pm | Bullseye, talk show with Jesse Thorn, new from NPR
9-11 pm | Inter-Dimensional Music*, a transmission of classic New Age, modern psychedelic drone and outer-limits cosmic ambiance
11pm-midnight | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
*Hear Inter-Dimensional Music the first Sunday of each Month; Relevant Tones on the 2nd & 3rd Sunday of the month, and Remote Soundtracks on the 4th Sunday of the month.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Jul 28: Bob Livingston
- Jul 13: Transpecos Opens Marfa Film Festival
- Jul 07: Backyard lunch with John Lomax III, talking about Popular Music, Past & Present
- Jul 05: Looking Back at the First Decade of Marfa Public Radio
- Jul 01: John Keene
- Jun 28: Paso Del Norte Civil Rights Project on Solitary Confinement and Prisoners’ Rights
- Jun 24: Lannan Resident: Timothy Donnelly
- Marfa Airport Receives $800,000 From State
- Clinton Makes History, Clearing Multiple Hurdles At Philly Convention
- Kaine En Español: Pandering Or A Symbol Of Understanding For Latinos?
- 150 Years Later, History of the Buffalo Soldiers Remains Obscure for Many
- Obama: ‘Reject Cynicism And Reject Fear’ And Elect Hillary Clinton
- RT @traviswesttx: #TransPecosPipeline gets go-ahead to start building #border-crossing section in #PresidioCounty under #RioGrande: https:/… 08:43:05 AM July 29, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tune in for our live special coverage at 7 PM - https://t.co/jNVyvW25UU - or watch live - https://t.co/szfqBvkE76 https://t.co/yKv49zolZM 05:23:06 PM July 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #FairTrade's helped many #coffee growers in #LatinAmerica, but it's faltering in some areas: https://t.co/aRZIiMPUDR https://t.co/GrQrRr4u09 03:20:56 PM July 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.