“Playboy Marfa,” is a temporary sculpture that brings a 13-feet wide by 20-feet tall set of neon bunny ears to town.The sculpture features a car perched a top an askew concrete block that’s likened to a Donald Judd sculpture. Unlike many Big Bend construction projects, the scuplture went up quickly. Framework for the block and the ears were in place on Monday, and the installation was completed by Wednesday evening.
Sunday, 26 June, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-7 am | Concierto, classical music presented in Spanish and English, featuring classical music by Latin American and Spanish composers and musicians
7-10 am | Weekend Edition, wraps up the week’s news and offers a mix of analysis and features on a wide range of topics, including arts, sports, entertainment, and human interest stories
10-12 pm | American Routes, explores the shared musical and cultural threads in blues and jazz, gospel and soul, old-time country and rockabilly, Cajun and zydeco, Tejano and Latin, roots rock and pop, avant-garde and classical and how they are distinguished
12-1 pm | America’s Test Kitchen, a call-in show where the hosts take questions from kitchens around the country, solving problems and touching on a variety of cooking-related topics
1-3 pm | Boy Howdy with Hillie Bills
4-5 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
5-6 pm | TED Radio Hour, a show based on Talks given by riveting speakers on the world-renowned TED stage, each show is centered on a common theme
6-7 pm | Backstory (with the American History Guys), this show brings historical perspective to the events happening around us today, drilling down to colonial times and earlier, revealing the connections (and disconnections) between past and present
7-8 pm | The Moth, dedicated to storytelling with each show based on a theme that gets explored in different ways to showcase a great range of human experiences
8-9 pm | Bullseye, talk show with Jesse Thorn, new from NPR
9-11 pm | Inter-Dimensional Music*, a transmission of classic New Age, modern psychedelic drone and outer-limits cosmic ambiance
11pm-midnight | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
*Hear Inter-Dimensional Music the first Sunday of each Month; Relevant Tones on the 2nd & 3rd Sunday of the month, and Remote Soundtracks on the 4th Sunday of the month.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Jun 22: Jason Amos on His Propane-Powered Hot Rod
- Jun 20: Author Sarah Hepola Live Interview & Book Signing
- Jun 06: Filmmaker Megan Wilde Discusses State of Peyote Harvesting in Texas
- May 31: Rooster & Butch of the West Texas Investors Club
- May 27: Judd Foundation Hosts Star Party in Marfa
- May 26: Alvin Lucier & Charles Curtis
- May 25: Live From the KRTS Youth Media Listening Party
- Supreme Court Upholds University Of Texas’ Affirmative Action Program
- Supreme Court Tie Deals Blow to Obama’s Immigration Order
- “Physical Altercation” in Marfa Leads to Man Being Stabbed 17 Times
- Marfa Public Radio Wins National Murrow Award
- Young, large, and in fast orbit: Texas Astronomers find New Exoplanet
- RT @Tom2Michael: In #Texas, #publicradio news is solid. And SIX #prndi16 wins for @MarfaRadio. Called best small newsroom in nation. https:… about 23 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TexasTribune: Supreme Court tie deals major blow to Obama's immigration order. #dapa https://t.co/TrsjCS8c7h https://t.co/vvzRaIydJl 10:10:09 AM June 23, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TexasStandard: Tweet us, and listen live at 10 CST here: @kacu895 @MarfaRadio @keranews @kut @ktepmorningjazz @kxwt @KTRLradio Thanks! 09:25:17 AM June 22, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.