“Playboy Marfa,” is a temporary sculpture that brings a 13-feet wide by 20-feet tall set of neon bunny ears to town.The sculpture features a car perched a top an askew concrete block that’s likened to a Donald Judd sculpture. Unlike many Big Bend construction projects, the scuplture went up quickly. Framework for the block and the ears were in place on Monday, and the installation was completed by Wednesday evening.
Wednesday, 24 May, 2017
Today on KRTS
midnight-1 am | Night Train Express
1-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | Classical Midday, host Roseland Klein showcases classical pieces and gives a bit of background for her selections
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
8-9 pm | West Texas Jazz, Dave Leonnig hosts this program that celebrates jazz history and geography as related to the development and emergence of jazz art form in the United States
9-11 pm | Lost Frequencies, Nocturnal jazz, exotica, R&B, rock ‘n’ roll, Latin jazz and other lost sounds from atmospheric, otherworldly places
11 pm-midnight | Midnight Snack
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- May 24: Youth Media Podcast
- May 23: Marfa Sounding 2017
- May 19: Jaclyn Garcia, History Wunderkind
- May 18: Gabbie Paulo of the Midland County System of Care on Mental Health in West Texas
- May 17: Texas Representative Conaway on Comey, NAFTA and More
- May 16: With Pronghorn Population Rebounding, New Concerns Arise
- May 12: Shara and Mona do Improv!
- Research: Fracking Boom Gives Way to Baby Boost
- Texas Families Find Financial Stability in Nature-Related Tourism
- State Senator Carlos Uresti Indicted By Federal Grand Jury On Multiple Charges
- Officials Believe Crown Mountain Wildfire Caused By Lightning
- Mexico Energy Reform Spurs Larger Scale Cross-Border Electricity Transmission
- RT @BigBendNPS: EMERGENCY UPDATE: Crown Mtn #Fire burning in park, closures in effect: https://t.co/MTbdv3Kptz #CrownMountainFire https://t… 10:15:01 AM May 15, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BigBendNPS: EMERGENCY UPDATE: Crown Mtn #Fire burning in park, closures in effect: https://t.co/F2rxSdL3ZC … … #CrownMountainFire https… 10:14:53 AM May 15, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marfamyths: #tbt to @MexicanSummer's Freak Terrains radio show crew broadcasting from @MarfaRadio last year. https://t.co/GDFMx0DKen 07:09:02 PM February 01, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News