“Playboy Marfa,” is a temporary sculpture that brings a 13-feet wide by 20-feet tall set of neon bunny ears to town.The sculpture features a car perched a top an askew concrete block that’s likened to a Donald Judd sculpture. Unlike many Big Bend construction projects, the scuplture went up quickly. Framework for the block and the ears were in place on Monday, and the installation was completed by Wednesday evening.
Monday, 3 August, 2015
Today on KRTS
midnight-1 am | Le Show, Harry Shearer hosts a look at the worlds of media, politics, cyberspace, sports and show business while providing an eclectic array of music along the way
1-5 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | Classical Midday, host Roseland Klein showcases classical pieces and gives a bit of background for her selections
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-9 pm | Far Out West Texas Blue Monday, Doc Cactus hosts a curated mix of Texas blues music
9-10 pm | Border Beats & Babes, Gabriela Carvhalo hosts this rock show featuring Latin and Latin-inspired artists
10 pm-midnight |Blues Before Sunrise, nationally syndicated, award-winning program focusing on vintage blues and R&B
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday: Our Sports Correspondent Luca Haines Up-Close at the Tour De France
- Wednesday: Stewart Ramser, Drive Big Bend Wheelman
- Thursday: Andrew May and Elizabeth McNutt of Sounds Modern
- Friday: Lannan Resident, Nikky Finney
- Wednesday: Mark Lamster, Architecture Critic and Chronicler of Hospital’s Demolition
- Citing Safety Concerns, Marfa Airport Plans Runway Facelift
- Sounds Modern to Present “Unset” at The Chinati Foundation
- What the Trans-Pacific Partnership May Mean for Texas
- Ecologists Revive a Dwindling Tree Population and Steel the Landscape Against Fire
- Environmental Assessment for Pipeline Border Crossing Gets Underway
- RT @NWSElPaso: 9:43 PM: FLASH FLOOD WARNING for west #ElPaso including #SantaTeresa, #Canutillo, #Anthony until 1145 PM. #txwx #nmwx about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CosmicChambo: #IDMusic returns to the airwaves of @MarfaRadio tonight, 9-11p (CT). Long-form psychedelia for the dirtbag brahmans and t… about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CosmicChambo: Heavy VA doom now playing on @MarfaRadio: Windhand "Two Urns" featuring artwork by fecund seer @Arik_Roper https://t.co/6… about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.