“Playboy Marfa,” is a temporary sculpture that brings a 13-feet wide by 20-feet tall set of neon bunny ears to town.The sculpture features a car perched a top an askew concrete block that’s likened to a Donald Judd sculpture. Unlike many Big Bend construction projects, the scuplture went up quickly. Framework for the block and the ears were in place on Monday, and the installation was completed by Wednesday evening.
Tuesday, 25 April, 2017
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-noon | West Texas Jazz, Dave Leonnig hosts this program that celebrates jazz history and geography as related to the development and emergence of jazz art form in the United States
noon-1 pm | Una Hora Con Primo, locally hosted hour of all Spanish music with an emphasis on requests and dedications
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | Sound Opinions, the world’s only rock and roll talkshow
8-9 pm | No Country for Old Music, a show dedicated to new releases within the month
9-10 pm | Groove Line, Leslie Wilkes hosts this groovy, funky show – playing hits from past decades sure to make you move
10 pm-midnight | Night Train Express (to 1 am), host David Beebe plays grown folks music – a mix of R&B, soul, and jazz – late into the night
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Apr 20: Cedar Sigo
- Apr 20: West Texas Water Symposium
- Apr 18: Marfa Live Arts Playwright-In-Residence Georgina Escobar
- Apr 14: Photographer Daniel Lombardi Captures Border Geography
- Apr 13: The Hard Truth
- Apr 12: Weather Spotting Classes Come to West Texas
- Apr 11: Dr Fred Beach From University of Texas at Austin’s Energy Institute
- RT @marfamyths: #tbt to @MexicanSummer's Freak Terrains radio show crew broadcasting from @MarfaRadio last year. https://t.co/GDFMx0DKen 07:09:02 PM February 01, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marfashorthorns: Shout out to @MarfaRadio for hosting our media students last Friday! Stay tuned for the projects they're working on. h… 07:08:53 PM February 01, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprpolitics: NPR reporters will be fact-checking Trump's first press conference in 167 days. It will begin shortly: https://t.co/6EVCY1… 11:06:56 AM January 11, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News