“Playboy Marfa,” is a temporary sculpture that brings a 13-feet wide by 20-feet tall set of neon bunny ears to town.The sculpture features a car perched a top an askew concrete block that’s likened to a Donald Judd sculpture. Unlike many Big Bend construction projects, the scuplture went up quickly. Framework for the block and the ears were in place on Monday, and the installation was completed by Wednesday evening.
Friday, 30 January, 2015
Today on KRTS
midnight-5 am Undercurrents
5-9 am Morning Edition
9-10 am On Point
10 am Talk at Ten
11 am-1 pm Old School Oldies (Rock ‘n’ Roll)
1-3 pm Science Friday
3-4 pm Latino USA
4-6 pm All Things Considered
6:00-6:30 pm Marketplace
6:30-7 pm Talk at Ten (replay)
7-8 pm World Cafe
8-9 pm World Music
9-10 pm Sound Opinions
10p-midnight Music XWT “Across West Texas”
Talk at Ten: Our local interview show is live at 10am and rebroadcast at 6:30pm.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
Talk At Ten: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- Monday: KRTS Astronomy Series: Stephen Odewahn
- Tuesday: Douglas Scharnberg of Terlingua Talks About Southern Music in Fort Davis & Fort Stockton
- Wednesday: Wile Quintana Talks About Marfa History
- Thursday: YACHT Discusses Latest Album “Where Does This Disco”
- Friday: Jean Valentine Talks About Her Poetry Collection, Door in the Mountain
- Folks in #WestTexas are used to long drives for work, the doctor, etc. Are low gas prices helping you? Via @nprnews - http://t.co/5nrIn10L22 about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @fronterasdesk: House Postpones Contentious Border Bill Indefinitely http://t.co/4av1C4n5pM 05:39:02 PM January 28, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Mr. Jenkins' class talks to Thai Da Silva of PBS @reportinglabs with @MarfaRadio mentor Sally Beauvais. http://t.co/GiFm2F2bBS 02:42:47 PM January 28, 2015 from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.