“Playboy Marfa,” is a temporary sculpture that brings a 13-feet wide by 20-feet tall set of neon bunny ears to town.The sculpture features a car perched a top an askew concrete block that’s likened to a Donald Judd sculpture. Unlike many Big Bend construction projects, the scuplture went up quickly. Framework for the block and the ears were in place on Monday, and the installation was completed by Wednesday evening.
Saturday, 28 February, 2015
Today on KRTS
midnight-5 am Undercurrents
5-7 am West Texas Jazz
7-10 am Weekend Edition
10-11 am The Best of Car Talk
11 am-noon Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me
12-1 pm This American Life
1-3 pm World Cafe
3-4 pm Radiolab
4-5 pm All Things Considered
5-6 pm On The Media
6-7 pm Fronteras + Alt.Latino
7-9 pm Texas Music: Hour of Power
9-11 pm Texas Music: Front Porch
11 pm-midnight Music XWT “Across West Texas”NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
Talk At Ten: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- It’s Not a Festival. It’s the Texas Cowboy Poetry Gathering
- Mexican Man Dies from Apparent Seizure in Border Patrol Custody
- Introducing “Texas Standard” – News, Arts & Culture By Texans, For Texans
- DHS Employees Prepare For Possible Shut Down
- Big Bend National Park Continues Annual Trail Closure To Protect Peregrine Falcons
- RT @Tom2Michael: Not from the window of the #airplane but on the way up the #mountain to restart @MarfaRadio after #ice #mist #fog. http://… about 5 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @mikememoli: Gavel is down. DHS 1-week funding bill passes 357-60 about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TexasStandard: Cowboys celebrate the oral tradition of the working cowboy in poetry, stories and music: http://t.co/ZuRe1mAOgy http://t… about 21 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.