“Playboy Marfa,” is a temporary sculpture that brings a 13-feet wide by 20-feet tall set of neon bunny ears to town.The sculpture features a car perched a top an askew concrete block that’s likened to a Donald Judd sculpture. Unlike many Big Bend construction projects, the scuplture went up quickly. Framework for the block and the ears were in place on Monday, and the installation was completed by Wednesday evening.
Sunday, 25 September, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-7 am | Concierto, classical music presented in Spanish and English, featuring classical music by Latin American and Spanish composers and musicians
7-10 am | Weekend Edition, wraps up the week’s news and offers a mix of analysis and features on a wide range of topics, including arts, sports, entertainment, and human interest stories
10-12 pm | American Routes, explores the shared musical and cultural threads in blues and jazz, gospel and soul, old-time country and rockabilly, Cajun and zydeco, Tejano and Latin, roots rock and pop, avant-garde and classical and how they are distinguished
12-1 pm | America’s Test Kitchen, a call-in show where the hosts take questions from kitchens around the country, solving problems and touching on a variety of cooking-related topics
1-2 pm | Boy Howdy with Hillie Bills
2-3 pm | PRX Remix
3-4 pm | TED Radio Hour, a show based on Talks given by riveting speakers on the world-renowned TED stage, each show is centered on a common theme
4-5 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
5-6 pm | Reveal, from The Center for Investigative Reporting
6-7 pm | Backstory (with the American History Guys), this show brings historical perspective to the events happening around us today, drilling down to colonial times and earlier, revealing the connections (and disconnections) between past and present
7-8 pm | The Moth, dedicated to storytelling with each show based on a theme that gets explored in different ways to showcase a great range of human experiences
8-9 pm | Bullseye, talk show with Jesse Thorn, new from NPR
9-11 pm | Inter-Dimensional Music / Remote Soundtracks*
11pm-midnight | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
*Hear Inter-Dimensional Music(a transmission of classic New Age, modern psychedelic drone and outer-limits cosmic ambiance) the first Sunday of each Month, and Remote Soundtracks on the 4th Sunday of the month.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Sep 22: Liz Lambert
- Sep 21: Andy Stack of Wye Oak
- Sep 20: Ballroom Marfa to open “This is Presence” exhibition September 23
- Sep 19: Apache Corporation Talks Details About Its “Alpine High” Oilfield Discovery
- Sep 16: Preview of “Ranch Day” at Donald Judd’s “Casa Perez” in Presidio County
- Sep 15: George Veni
- Sep 14: Making Contact: All Around Cowboy
- In Hurd-Gallego Rematch, Veterans Issues Again a Flashpoint
- Presidio County Sheriff Says He’ll Never Sign Conflict of Interest Policy
- Astronomers Find Clues In The Case Of The Glowing Space ‘Blobs’
- Vote For Your Favorite Elections Question For Our “Texas Decides” Project
- Kaine: Some Trump Voters Are ‘Motivated By Dark Emotions’
- RT @traviswesttx: #PresidioCounty Sheriff says he'll never sign conflict of interest policy, continuing months-long standoff: https://t.co/… 08:49:49 AM September 22, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @traviswesttx: Talked at length w/@ApacheCorp about company's plans for expanded drilling in #ReevesCounty, #WestTexas: https://t.co/uzQ… 07:57:55 AM September 20, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NWSMidland: 1230pm CDT: Developing t-storm just east of Alpine, other showers near McDonald Observatory moving little. Respect the ligh… 03:58:03 PM September 19, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News