Dr. Kevin Urbanczyk and Leslie Hopper of the Rio Grande Research Center and Sul Ross join film director Chris Hillen to discuss the documentary Confluence: The Big Bend Reach of the Rio Grande. The new film highlights the Rio Grande’s environmental management challenges and potential paths to restoration through the viewpoints of eight professionals who have lived and/or worked along the river. The film screens on Thursday (Dec 13) at the Granada Theater in Alpine and Friday (Dec 14) at the Crowley Theater in Marfa. Doors for both screenings open at 7 PM.
Tuesday, 23 September, 2014
Today on KRTS
midnight-2 am World Cafe
2-5 am Undercurrents
5-9 am Morning Edition
9 am On Point
10-11 am Science Studio & Talk at Ten
11 am-Noon West Texas Jazz
Noon-1 pm Una Hora Con Primo
1-3 pm Here and Now
3-6 pm All Things Considered
6-6:30 pm Marketplace
6:30-7 pm Talk at Ten (replay)
7-9 pm Indie Music
9-10 pm Groove Line
10-11 pm Night Train Express
Talk at Ten: Our local interview show is live at 10am and rebroadcast at 6:30pm.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
Talk At Ten: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- Monday: Lannan Foundation Poet-in-Residence Ishion Hutchinson Talks His Process, Reads Poetry
- Tuesday: William Vizcarra at The Wrong Store
- Wednesday: David Oliver and His Accordion on Traditional Folk Music from North-East England
- Thursday: 7th Annual Midsummer Night’s Dream Garden Party
- Friday: Brad Lancaster on Harvesting Rainwater Strategies
- Friday: Lannan Foundation Writer-in-Residence David Biespiel
- Tuesday: Journalist Alex Chadwick
- Wednesday: Tift Merritt at the Trans-Pecos Festival
- Thursday: Lobo’s Desert Dust Cinema 2014
- Our sister is in fundraising mode! Help them out! RT @kxwt We are at 43% of our goal. Help us get to $45,000 by Fri! http://t.co/oWnuNH6bkc about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @kxwt: #Odessa hiker who needed rescue in Jeff Davis County upgraded from "serious" to "fair" condition at @MCHOdessa. http://t.co/BxjEt… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "It appears the county auditor has resigned his position." Presidio County Judge Paul Hunt at today's meeting. http://t.co/YdUlRMxx7Y about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.