Dr. Kevin Urbanczyk and Leslie Hopper of the Rio Grande Research Center and Sul Ross join film director Chris Hillen to discuss the documentary Confluence: The Big Bend Reach of the Rio Grande. The new film highlights the Rio Grande’s environmental management challenges and potential paths to restoration through the viewpoints of eight professionals who have lived and/or worked along the river. The film screens on Thursday (Dec 13) at the Granada Theater in Alpine and Friday (Dec 14) at the Crowley Theater in Marfa. Doors for both screenings open at 7 PM.
Sunday, 9 March, 2014
Today on KRTS
midnight-4am Overnight Music
7-10am Weekend Edition
10-12pm American Routes
12-1pm Fronteras / Texas Matters
1-3pm World Cafe
3-4pm America’s Test Kitchen
4-5pm All Things Considered
5-6pm TED Radio Hour
6-7pm The Moth
7-9pm Jazz on KRTS
9-11pm Evening Jazz Mix*
11pm-midnight Radiolab* Hear Inter-Dimensional Music the first Sunday of each Month, and Dublab the second and third Sunday.NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
Talk At Ten: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- There’s Something Out There: The Green Light
- What A Difference A Decimal Point Makes: Shafter Mine Owners Fight Tax Assessment
- Marfa Public Radio Presents: There’s Something Out There listening party
- Rail Line To Link Presidio County With Mexico Takes A Step Forward
- Healthcare Navigators Explain Coverage Options for West Texans
- We have very creative interns and we encourage them so. Listen in a half-hour (8pm CDT) for the debut of "There's Something Out There." about 33 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Lazy SXSW Sunday in Austin when lots of companies throw parties to pitch tech gear. Also making a buck: junk drummer. http://t.co/VnyAvTR2sk about 3 hours ago from TweetList! ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Cold rain kills outdoor SXSW parties tonight but pedicabs making a killing. http://t.co/Z7ZuZRYXld about 22 hours ago from TweetList! ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.