Dr. Kevin Urbanczyk and Leslie Hopper of the Rio Grande Research Center and Sul Ross join film director Chris Hillen to discuss the documentary Confluence: The Big Bend Reach of the Rio Grande. The new film highlights the Rio Grande’s environmental management challenges and potential paths to restoration through the viewpoints of eight professionals who have lived and/or worked along the river. The film screens on Thursday (Dec 13) at the Granada Theater in Alpine and Friday (Dec 14) at the Crowley Theater in Marfa. Doors for both screenings open at 7 PM.
Wednesday, 1 October, 2014
Today on KRTS
midnight-2 am Night Train
2 am-5 am Undercurrents
5-9 am Morning Edition
9 am On Point
10-11 am Talk At Ten
11 am-1 pm Midday Classics
1-3 pm Here & Now
3-6 pm All Things Considered
6-6:30 pm Marketplace
6:30-7 pm Talk at Ten (replay)
7-8 pm Geography of Jazz
8-9 pm West Texas Jazz
9 pm-11 pm Lost Frequencies
11 pm-midnight Cautionary Tales
Talk at Ten: Our local interview show is live at 10am and rebroadcast at 6:30pm.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
Talk At Ten: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- Tuesday: Journalist Alex Chadwick
- Wednesday: Tift Merritt at the Trans-Pecos Festival of Music + Love
- Thursday: Lobo’s Desert Dust Cinema 2014
- Friday: An Interview With Chamber Rockers Mother Falcon
- Friday: Rhett Miller of the Old 97’s Makes His First Visit to Marfa
- Friday: Lannan Poet-in-Residence Mónica de la Torre
- Monday: KRTS Astronomy Series: Don Winget on White Dwarf Stars
- Tuesday: Beverly Escuder and Carol Wallace of Big Bend Chamber Music
- Thursday: Political Author Cal Jillson
- RT @OnPointRadio: Audio is up for our hour on the changing politics of the growing Latino American population http://t.co/zfc35hjt1r about 1 hour ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- From our friends at @keranews, reporter @lsilverwoman will be discussing the Dallas TX #Ebola patient on @hereandnow, heard from 1-3 PM CT. about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The @MarfaRadio network is moving to a New Home On The Range! We can't keep the car, but here's the space. #marfamove http://t.co/1pfJsjKJnk about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.