Writer and Environmentalist Rick Bass was born in Fort Worth, Texas, and grew up in Houston, the son of a geologist. He studied petroleum geology at Utah State University and while working as a petroleum geologist in Jackson, Mississippi, began writing short stories on his lunch breaks. Bass won the 1995 James Jones Literary Society First Novel Fellowship for his novel, “Where the Sea Used to Be” and was also a finalist for the 2008 National Book Critics Circle Award for “Why I Came To The West.” Rick Bass join Talk at Ten to discuss his work in the literary world.
Talk At Ten Interview:
Monday, 24 November, 2014
Today on KRTS
midnight-2 am World Cafe
2-5 am Undercurrents
5-9 am Morning Edition
9-10 am On Point
10-11 am Rambling Boy and Talk At Ten
11 am-1 pm Midday Classics
1-3 pm Here and Now
3-6 pm All Things Considered
6-6:30 pm Marketplace
6:30-7 pm Talk At Ten (replay)
7-7:30 pm Rambling Boy
7:30-9 pm Blues Monday
9-10 pm Sister Winter
10-11 pm Blues Before Sunrise
11 pm-midnight Le ShowTalk at Ten: Our local interview show is live at 10am and rebroadcast at 6:30pm.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
Talk At Ten: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- Monday: Science Studio: Mike Gilling
- Tuesday: Veteran’s Day Special: A Call to Words
- Wednesday: Fieldwork Artist-in-Residence Luc Mattenberger
- Thursday: “Painting Juliana” Author Martha Louise Hunter
- Friday: Lannan Foundation Writer-in-Residence Pardiss Kebriaei
- Monday: Chalk Artist Lilibeth André
- Tuesday: An Interview with Bill Callahan
- Mexico Marks Día De La Revolución: Patriotism, Protest And Revulsion
- Attorney: Immigrant Transfers Out of Artesia Detention Center To Begin Immediately
- President to Speak on Possible Immigration Action Tonight
- Incoming Texas Secretary of State Echoes GOP Leaders on Border Issues
- Tensions over Iguala Massacre High as Protestors call for National Strike
- The @nytimes looks at #publicradio and @serial from @WBEZ: http://t.co/B5HXIRrdpl. Here at @MarfaRadio we need to revive the @TSOTPodcast. about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Windy West Texas. #marfamove Giant tumbleweed just blew past our new studios from @pizzafoundation to @BallroomMarfa. http://t.co/HnCdNv1x15 about 17 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @kxwt: In Texas, candidates are still running: http://t.co/oy6IGV2wqC 08:41:28 AM November 23, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.