Dr. Kevin Urbanczyk and Leslie Hopper of the Rio Grande Research Center and Sul Ross join film director Chris Hillen to discuss the documentary Confluence: The Big Bend Reach of the Rio Grande. The new film highlights the Rio Grande’s environmental management challenges and potential paths to restoration through the viewpoints of eight professionals who have lived and/or worked along the river. The film screens on Thursday (Dec 13) at the Granada Theater in Alpine and Friday (Dec 14) at the Crowley Theater in Marfa. Doors for both screenings open at 7 PM.
Wednesday, 27 May, 2015
Today on KRTS
midnight-5 am Undercurrents
5-9 am Morning Edition
9-10 am On Point
10-11 am Texas Standard
11 am-1pm Classical Midday
1-3 pm Here and Now
3-6 pm All Things Considered
6-6:30 pm Marketplace
6:30-7 pm West Texas Talk
7-8 pm World Cafe
8-9 pm West Texas Jazz
9-11 pm Lost Frequencies
11-midnight Music XWT “Across West Texas”
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- Monday: KRTS Astronomy Series: McDonald Observatory Superintendent Craig Nance
- Tuesday: Singer-Songwriter Nick Jaina Talks about his Memoir, “Get It While You Can”
- Wednesday: Dale Watson Benefits West Texas
- Thursday: David Loren Bass Paints West Texas
- Friday: Lori Griffin and Jan Moeller Call On Artists To Repurpose And Make Art
- Border Wetland Using Treated Wastewater As Congress Considers Wetland Funding
- Pipeline Shipments Could Head South On Old West Texas Railroad
- Board Member of Brewster County Groundwater District Arrested on Trespassing Charge
- Work at Alpine Staging Ground for Trans-Pecos Pipeline Can Continue Amid TCEQ Investigation
- Presidio County Commissioners Receive Update on Trans-Pecos Pipeline
- Well have more on the #Marfa apt fire during Thursday's @MorningEdition. 12 families, about 40 people affected. http://t.co/xp8DMkfEej about 2 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Tom2Michael: Tonight on #WestTexasTalk @MarfaRadio 6:30pm, I interview musician @TheDalewatson who's playing a benefit in #Alpine: http… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 11 PM, The Far West Texas Surf Report. Music from @Anthology_Recs's Bali High OST. Podcast @ https://t.co/tHlgKP0vf9 http://t.co/D0cBKy7DWm about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.