Dr. Kevin Urbanczyk and Leslie Hopper of the Rio Grande Research Center and Sul Ross join film director Chris Hillen to discuss the documentary Confluence: The Big Bend Reach of the Rio Grande. The new film highlights the Rio Grande’s environmental management challenges and potential paths to restoration through the viewpoints of eight professionals who have lived and/or worked along the river. The film screens on Thursday (Dec 13) at the Granada Theater in Alpine and Friday (Dec 14) at the Crowley Theater in Marfa. Doors for both screenings open at 7 PM.
Sunday, 28 August, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-7 am | Concierto, classical music presented in Spanish and English, featuring classical music by Latin American and Spanish composers and musicians
7-10 am | Weekend Edition, wraps up the week’s news and offers a mix of analysis and features on a wide range of topics, including arts, sports, entertainment, and human interest stories
10-12 pm | American Routes, explores the shared musical and cultural threads in blues and jazz, gospel and soul, old-time country and rockabilly, Cajun and zydeco, Tejano and Latin, roots rock and pop, avant-garde and classical and how they are distinguished
12-1 pm | America’s Test Kitchen, a call-in show where the hosts take questions from kitchens around the country, solving problems and touching on a variety of cooking-related topics
1-3 pm | Boy Howdy with Hillie Bills
4-5 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
5-6 pm | TED Radio Hour, a show based on Talks given by riveting speakers on the world-renowned TED stage, each show is centered on a common theme
6-7 pm | Backstory (with the American History Guys), this show brings historical perspective to the events happening around us today, drilling down to colonial times and earlier, revealing the connections (and disconnections) between past and present
7-8 pm | The Moth, dedicated to storytelling with each show based on a theme that gets explored in different ways to showcase a great range of human experiences
8-9 pm | Bullseye, talk show with Jesse Thorn, new from NPR
9-11 pm | Inter-Dimensional Music*, a transmission of classic New Age, modern psychedelic drone and outer-limits cosmic ambiance
11pm-midnight | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
*Hear Inter-Dimensional Music the first Sunday of each Month; Relevant Tones on the 2nd & 3rd Sunday of the month, and Remote Soundtracks on the 4th Sunday of the month.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Aug 19: David Todd and the Texas Landscape Project
- Aug 17: Karen Bernstein’s Richard Linklater documentary
- Aug 12: U.T. Arlington Researchers Hoping to Test Environment Near Balmorhea Ahead of Drilling Activity
- Aug 09: Mary O. Parker
- Aug 04: Researcher Discusses Pronghorn Restoration Efforts in the Trans-Pecos
- Aug 03: The Marfa Intensives
- Jul 28: Bob Livingston
- Pipeline Battle Draws Hundreds To Remote North Dakota
- Texas Bookseller Picks 3 Summer Reads
- Lawmakers Push Back on Railroad Commission Overhaul Proposals
- Son of ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán Released Unharmed After Kidnapping
- New Decade-Long Study Confirms West Texas Hummingbird Population Rivaled Only by Arizona
- RT @NWSMidland: Rain chances will continue Saturday, especially west of Pecos River. Locally heavy rainfall possible. #txwx #nmwx https://t… 08:15:48 PM August 26, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NWSFlashFlood: ⚠️ Move to higher ground! Flash Flood Warning including Sanderson TX, Longfellow TX until 9:45 PM CDT https://t.co/hsqgG… 08:15:37 PM August 26, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @traviswesttx: Live at 6:30 on @MarfaRadio, talking w/@BBC filmmakers looking at #campuscarry in Texas. Listen: https://t.co/yNCR1l5Mlt 05:56:34 PM August 26, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.