Dr. Kevin Urbanczyk and Leslie Hopper of the Rio Grande Research Center and Sul Ross join film director Chris Hillen to discuss the documentary Confluence: The Big Bend Reach of the Rio Grande. The new film highlights the Rio Grande’s environmental management challenges and potential paths to restoration through the viewpoints of eight professionals who have lived and/or worked along the river. The film screens on Thursday (Dec 13) at the Granada Theater in Alpine and Friday (Dec 14) at the Crowley Theater in Marfa. Doors for both screenings open at 7 PM.
Thursday, 8 October, 2015
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | American Routes, explores the shared musical and cultural threads in blues and jazz, gospel and soul, old-time country and rockabilly, Cajun and zydeco, Tejano and Latin, roots rock and pop, avant-garde and classical and how they are distinguished
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
8-10 pm | Honky-Tonk Happy Hour, hosted by David Branch, your weekly dose of old country honky-tonk
10-11 pm | Rock-a-Billy, Billy and Joni Marginot host an hour of rockabilly music, the genre most often considered the foundations for rock n’ roll
11 pm-midnight | Rock Pile, another locally-hosted throwback show with classic rock oldies – usually based on a theme
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday: Friday Night Lights Author Buzz Bissinger Still Takes a Hard Look at High School Sports
- Thursday : Tom Morton, Curator of Äppärät, Fall Exhibition at Ballroom Marfa
- Friday: Sul Ross Puts Up Play About Inventor of the Nuclear Bomb
- Friday: Phosphorescent In-Studio
- Sunday: Langhorne Slim live at Marfa Public Radio
- Wednesday: Texas Matters: Concussions in High School Football
- Thursday: Rob Mazurek Talks About the Bridging of Art and Music in Marfa Loops, Shouts and Hollers
- Monday: Thom Wheeler & Kirk Clark, with Art Exhibit at Building 98 in Marfa
- Tuesday: Conceptual artist Jem Golding unveils new light sculpture
- Construction On Presidio Chili Plant Tied To Trans-Pecos Pipeline Is Delayed, But Chili Company Says Delay Is Temporary
- Heavy Rains, Flash Flooding Possible Across West Texas Through Friday
- New Standards Issued For Treatment Of Detainees Along The U.S. Border
- Pancake breakfast a success!
- An Industry Divided: Refineries Battle Big Oil Over Crude Oil Export Ban
- RT @traviswesttx: Flash flooding and some rockslides in #JeffDavisCounty, @mcdonaldobs closed until 10 AM http://t.co/jyBNHCZrCR about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 6:45 AM: Flash Flood Warning issued for #Marfa. It's definitely coming down! http://t.co/RwJJ0HdHxh about 8 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NWSMidland: LSR: Mcdonald Observatory [Jeff Davis Co, TX] co-op observer reports HAIL of golf ball size (M1.75 INCH) at 0... https://t.… about 18 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.