Dr. Kevin Urbanczyk and Leslie Hopper of the Rio Grande Research Center and Sul Ross join film director Chris Hillen to discuss the documentary Confluence: The Big Bend Reach of the Rio Grande. The new film highlights the Rio Grande’s environmental management challenges and potential paths to restoration through the viewpoints of eight professionals who have lived and/or worked along the river. The film screens on Thursday (Dec 13) at the Granada Theater in Alpine and Friday (Dec 14) at the Crowley Theater in Marfa. Doors for both screenings open at 7 PM.
Saturday, 30 July, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, Public Radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of Triple A, Rock, Folk, Blues, Native, Americana, World, Reggae, Dub and Electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-7 am | Classical Morning
7-10 am | Weekend Edition, wraps up the week’s news and offers a mix of analysis and features on a wide range of topics, including arts, sports, entertainment, and human interest stories
10-11 am | The Best of Car Talk, an often humorous call-in show where callers ask about their car problems and the hosts, Tom and Ray Magliozzi, try to diagnose the problem
11 am-noon | Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me, weekly quiz program where you can test your knowledge against some of the best and brightest in the news and entertainment world while figuring out what’s real news and what’s made up
noon-1 pm | This American Life, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
1-3 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
3-4 pm | Radiolab, a curious show where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience
4-5 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
5-6 pm | On The Media, hosted by Bob Garfield and Brooke Gladstone, covering journalism, technology, and First Amendment issues
6-7 pm | Fronteras + Alt.Latino, a collaboration between some Southwest stations that directly impact the area from everything from border issues to immigration and more + a voyage across the world in search of the best new Rock en Espanol and Latin Alternative music releases
7-9 pm | Texas Music: Hour of Power, showcasing all kinds of Texas sounds created over the past century of recorded music
9-11 pm | Texas Music
11 pm-midnight | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Jul 28: Bob Livingston
- Jul 13: Transpecos Opens Marfa Film Festival
- Jul 07: Backyard lunch with John Lomax III, talking about Popular Music, Past & Present
- Jul 05: Looking Back at the First Decade of Marfa Public Radio
- Jul 01: John Keene
- Jun 28: Paso Del Norte Civil Rights Project on Solitary Confinement and Prisoners’ Rights
- Jun 24: Lannan Resident: Timothy Donnelly
- Marfa Airport Receives $800,000 From State
- Clinton Makes History, Clearing Multiple Hurdles At Philly Convention
- Kaine En Español: Pandering Or A Symbol Of Understanding For Latinos?
- 150 Years Later, History of the Buffalo Soldiers Remains Obscure for Many
- Obama: ‘Reject Cynicism And Reject Fear’ And Elect Hillary Clinton
- RT @traviswesttx: #TransPecosPipeline gets go-ahead to start building #border-crossing section in #PresidioCounty under #RioGrande: https:/… about 17 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tune in for our live special coverage at 7 PM - https://t.co/jNVyvW25UU - or watch live - https://t.co/szfqBvkE76 https://t.co/yKv49zolZM 05:23:06 PM July 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #FairTrade's helped many #coffee growers in #LatinAmerica, but it's faltering in some areas: https://t.co/aRZIiMPUDR https://t.co/GrQrRr4u09 03:20:56 PM July 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.