Dr. Kevin Urbanczyk and Leslie Hopper of the Rio Grande Research Center and Sul Ross join film director Chris Hillen to discuss the documentary Confluence: The Big Bend Reach of the Rio Grande. The new film highlights the Rio Grande’s environmental management challenges and potential paths to restoration through the viewpoints of eight professionals who have lived and/or worked along the river. The film screens on Thursday (Dec 13) at the Granada Theater in Alpine and Friday (Dec 14) at the Crowley Theater in Marfa. Doors for both screenings open at 7 PM.
Wednesday, 25 November, 2015
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | Classical Midday, host Roseland Klein showcases classical pieces and gives a bit of background for her selections
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
8-9 pm | West Texas Jazz, Dave Leonnig hosts this program that celebrates jazz history and geography as related to the development and emergence of jazz art form in the United States
9-11 pm | Lost Frequencies, Nocturnal jazz, exotica, R&B, rock ‘n’ roll, Latin jazz and other lost sounds from atmospheric, otherworldly places
11 pm-midnight | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday: NPR Reporter Tom Gjetlen On the History of U.S. Immigration
- Wednesday: Alpine Art Walk 2015
- Thursday: A Talk with Diana Acosta
- Friday: Lannan Foundation resident writer, Portland poet Mary Szybist
- Monday: Big Bend Artist in Residence: Dawn Baker
- Wednesday: A Lumbee Thanksgiving: Adaptation, Survival, Gratitude
- Thursday: My Life As A Wild Turkey
- Blue Origin Reaches Space, Safely Returns Craft and Rocket in Second Test Flight
- West Texas Nuclear Site Changing Hands in $367 Million Deal
- Kelcy Warren, CEO of Energy Transfer, Appointed to Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission
- Clayton Williams Will Appeal Ruling in Years-long Water Fight
- After Paris, Governors Say They Will Oppose Efforts To Resettle Refugees
- Via @NPR: Used Rocket Is A New Breakthrough For Blue Origin's Space Plan https://t.co/lbbEfTpTuN about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- At 10:20a CT we'll broadcast @nprnews on press conference with @BarackObama and French President Francois Hollande, regarding #ParisAttacks. 10:55:23 AM November 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @traviswesttx: .@BlueOrigin completes 2nd test flight from #WestTexas. Bezos calls it a "game changer." https://t.co/paMlX2eSis https://… 10:23:10 AM November 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.