Today on Talk at Ten, an intro to the U.S. Health Care System. Our guest Elisabeth Askin recently wrote Health Care Handbook: A Guide to the U.S. Health Care System, for Students by Students. The book aims to offer a clear, concise, and neutral introduction to a vast and complex system. Askin is a med student at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
Thursday, 20 July, 2017
Today on KRTS
midnight-1 am | Midnight Snack
1-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | American Routes, explores the shared musical and cultural threads in blues and jazz, gospel and soul, old-time country and rockabilly, Cajun and zydeco, Tejano and Latin, roots rock and pop, avant-garde and classical and how they are distinguished
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | Rock-a-Billy, Billy and Joni Marginot host an hour of rockabilly music, the genre most often considered the foundations for rock n’ roll
8-10 pm | Honky-Tonk Happy Hour, hosted by David Branch, your weekly dose of old country honky-tonk
10-11 pm | Wreck Shop, hosted by Chloe Gallagher, hip-hop and R&B from the Golden Era to present day
11 pm-midnight | Rock Pillow, locally-hosted throwback show with classic rock oldies – usually based on a theme
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Jul 20: Murray Foreman
- Jul 19: Visitors from UTSA are Conducting a Historic Structure Report on the Blackwell School
- Jul 18: Kade Twist Recounts the Making of “Repellent Fence”
- Jul 14: Andrew Shapter Revisits the Porvenir Massacre in Documentary and Feature-Length Film
- Jul 13: Chef Hugo Ortega
- Jul 12: Libby Campbell, Executive Director of the West Texas Food Bank
- Jul 11: Texas Writer Jan Reid
- House Committee on Agriculture Stresses the Need for Rural Broadband
- Price Per Acre for Land in Far West Texas is Down, but Sales Are Up
- Western Swing Dance w/ Bobby Flores August 26th!
- Why Can’t The Texas Legislature Work Faster To Avoid Special Sessions Altogether?
- West Texas residents become U.S. citizens at Fort Davis naturalization ceremony
- From @sallybeauv: Amid the Oil Boom In West Texas, An Increase In Oil Theft https://t.co/s3WptCo7I2 via @hereandnow about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bigbendnow: Presidio leaders accused of corruption released on $20k bonds, Nieto unable to return to Presidio. https://t.co/FwexWOwjWW… about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tomorrow lawmakers return to the capitol for a special session. But what is it and who pays for it? #txdecides… https://t.co/75z65XdyhU 02:15:41 PM July 17, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News