In this episode of West Texas Talk, we discuss a taboo topic: death and what matters at the end of life. Jacquie Burklow of Hospice Midland talks about options for end of life care, the importance of grief and some of the incredible moments she’s witnessed over 20 years of working in hospice.
Thursday, 14 December, 2017
Today on KRTS
midnight-1 am | Thee Midnight Snack
1-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | American Routes, explores the shared musical and cultural threads in blues and jazz, gospel and soul, old-time country and rockabilly, Cajun and zydeco, Tejano and Latin, roots rock and pop, avant-garde and classical and how they are distinguished
1-2 pm | Think
2-3 pm | Fresh Air
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | Rock-a-Billy, Billy and Joni Marginot host an hour of rockabilly music, the genre most often considered the foundations for rock n’ roll
8-10 pm | Honky-Tonk Happy Hour, hosted by David Branch, your weekly dose of old country honky-tonk
10-11 pm | Wreck Shop, hosted by Chloe Gallagher, hip-hop and R&B from the Golden Era to present day
11 pm-midnight | Rock Pillow, locally-hosted throwback show with classic rock oldies – usually based on a theme
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Dec 13: Stories from the Transom Traveling Workshop – Part Two
- Dec 12: Stories from the Transom Traveling Workshop – Part One
- Dec 08: Rob Rosenthal Visits Marfa with the Transom Traveling Workshop
- Dec 07: FullyMaxxed – Creator of Electro-Funk in Far West Texas
- Dec 06: Midland Storytelling Festival’s Sue Roseberry on the Importance of Sharing Experiences
- Dec 05: West Texas Grassroots Historian & Author Israel Mendoza de Levario
- Dec 01: Matthieu Aikins
- @bust_boom @LeMenagerUO 12:34:59 PM September 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client in reply to MarfaRadio ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bust_boom: Two very exciting things we have going on in the upcoming weeks! Check it out: https://t.co/aitW8hfBXr 12:34:27 PM September 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- On tonight's West Texas Talk, we speak to Stephanie LeMenager about energy and culture. Tune in at 6:30 to hear the… https://t.co/iS150viEJG 11:07:29 AM September 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News