In this episode of West Texas Talk you’ll hear from Abby Cheek and Josh Maguire, two members of Pickwick Players, a youth theatre group in Midland Texas. Abby and Josh are two of many high school students who spent two years developing an original play in which a girl named Helen learns to cope with the struggles of being a teenager through fairy tales.
Saturday, 16 December, 2017
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, Public Radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of Triple A, Rock, Folk, Blues, Native, Americana, World, Reggae, Dub and Electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-6 am | Relevant Tones
6-7 am | Fiesta
7-10 am | Weekend Edition, wraps up the week’s news and offers a mix of analysis and features on a wide range of topics, including arts, sports, entertainment, and human interest stories
10-11 am | The Best of Car Talk, an often humorous call-in show where callers ask about their car problems and the hosts, Tom and Ray Magliozzi, try to diagnose the problem
11 am-noon | Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! Weekly quiz program where you can test your knowledge against some of the best and brightest in the news and entertainment world while figuring out what’s real news and what’s made up
noon-1 pm | This American Life, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
1-3 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
3-4 pm | Radiolab, a curious show where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience
4-5 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
5-6 pm | Mountain Stage
7-9 pm | Texas Music: Hour of Power, showcasing all kinds of Texas sounds created over the past century of recorded music
9-11 pm | Late Nite with Lady Chanticleer
11 pm-midnight | Bullseye
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Dec 14: The State of Renewable Energy
- Dec 13: Stories from the Transom Traveling Workshop – Part Two
- Dec 12: Stories from the Transom Traveling Workshop – Part One
- Dec 08: Rob Rosenthal Visits Marfa with the Transom Traveling Workshop
- Dec 07: FullyMaxxed – Creator of Electro-Funk in Far West Texas
- Dec 06: Midland Storytelling Festival’s Sue Roseberry on the Importance of Sharing Experiences
- Dec 05: West Texas Grassroots Historian & Author Israel Mendoza de Levario
- No Trial Location Set for Suspect in Zuzu Verk Murder Case
- Mayan Interpreters Scramble to Meet Demand ‘Before the Wall Goes Up’
- District 23 Candidate Rick Treviño on his Congressional Run and What Inspired It
- There’s A Democrat Running For Every Texas Congressional Seat Next Year
- Blue Origin Completes Successful Test of “New Shepard”
- @bust_boom @LeMenagerUO 12:34:59 PM September 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client in reply to MarfaRadio ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bust_boom: Two very exciting things we have going on in the upcoming weeks! Check it out: https://t.co/aitW8hfBXr 12:34:27 PM September 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- On tonight's West Texas Talk, we speak to Stephanie LeMenager about energy and culture. Tune in at 6:30 to hear the… https://t.co/iS150viEJG 11:07:29 AM September 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News