If you climb onto a 2,000 pound animal, that’s bred to buck you off, then injury is inevitable. But for many bull riders, sufficient medical insurance and health care is hard to come by. One man is working to close that gap. Truman Spoon, better known as Doc Spoon, is a retired high school sports trainer. And for eight years, he’s led a team, providing free medical care to the cowboys of Championship Bull Riding. Anna Rose MacArthur went backstage with Doc at the 2015 El Paso 10th anniversary Casa Ford Tuff Hederman Championship Bull Riding tournament.
Saturday, 25 March, 2017
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, Public Radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of Triple A, Rock, Folk, Blues, Native, Americana, World, Reggae, Dub and Electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-6 am | Relevant Tones
6-7 am | Fiesta
7-10 am | Weekend Edition, wraps up the week’s news and offers a mix of analysis and features on a wide range of topics, including arts, sports, entertainment, and human interest stories
10-11 am | The Best of Car Talk, an often humorous call-in show where callers ask about their car problems and the hosts, Tom and Ray Magliozzi, try to diagnose the problem
11 am-noon | Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! Weekly quiz program where you can test your knowledge against some of the best and brightest in the news and entertainment world while figuring out what’s real news and what’s made up
noon-1 pm | This American Life, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
1-3 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
3-4 pm | Radiolab, a curious show where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience
4-5 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
5-6 pm | On The Media, hosted by Bob Garfield and Brooke Gladstone, covering journalism, technology, and First Amendment issues
6-7 pm | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
7-9 pm | Texas Music: Hour of Power, showcasing all kinds of Texas sounds created over the past century of recorded music
9 pm-midnight | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- FBI Director James Comey at the University of Texas Austin 3-23-2017
- Trans-Pecos Pipeline Crews Team Up with Border Patrol
- The Marfa Public Radio Membership Drive Begins March 31
- Marfa Public Radio is Looking for a Development Director!
- Federal Panel Rules Some of Texas’ Congressional Districts Illegal
- RT @marfamyths: #tbt to @MexicanSummer's Freak Terrains radio show crew broadcasting from @MarfaRadio last year. https://t.co/GDFMx0DKen 07:09:02 PM February 01, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marfashorthorns: Shout out to @MarfaRadio for hosting our media students last Friday! Stay tuned for the projects they're working on. h… 07:08:53 PM February 01, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprpolitics: NPR reporters will be fact-checking Trump's first press conference in 167 days. It will begin shortly: https://t.co/6EVCY1… 11:06:56 AM January 11, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News