If you climb onto a 2,000 pound animal, that’s bred to buck you off, then injury is inevitable. But for many bull riders, sufficient medical insurance and health care is hard to come by. One man is working to close that gap. Truman Spoon, better known as Doc Spoon, is a retired high school sports trainer. And for eight years, he’s led a team, providing free medical care to the cowboys of Championship Bull Riding. Anna Rose MacArthur went backstage with Doc at the 2015 El Paso 10th anniversary Casa Ford Tuff Hederman Championship Bull Riding tournament.
Tuesday, 12 December, 2017
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | Dos Horas Con Primo, locally hosted hour of all Spanish music with an emphasis on requests and dedications
1-2 pm | Think
2-3 pm | Fresh Air
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | Sound Opinions, the world’s only rock and roll talkshow
8-9 pm | No Country for Old Music, a show dedicated to new releases within the month
9-10 pm | Groove Line, Leslie Wilkes hosts this groovy, funky show – playing hits from past decades sure to make you move
10 pm-midnight | Night Train Express (to 1 am), host David Beebe plays grown folks music – a mix of R&B, soul, and jazz – late into the night
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Dec 07: Rob Rosenthal Visits Marfa with the Transom Traveling Workshop
- Dec 07: FullyMaxxed – Creator of Electro-Funk in Far West Texas
- Dec 06: Midland Storytelling Festival’s Sue Roseberry on the Importance of Sharing Experiences
- Dec 04: West Texas Grassroots Historian & Author Israel Mendoza de Levario
- Dec 01: Matthieu Aikins
- Nov 30: UTPB’s Boom or Bust Project Collaborates with Permian High School
- Nov 29: West Texas VA’s Director Kalautie JangDhari on Services and Low SAIL Ratings
- @bust_boom @LeMenagerUO 12:34:59 PM September 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client in reply to MarfaRadio ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bust_boom: Two very exciting things we have going on in the upcoming weeks! Check it out: https://t.co/aitW8hfBXr 12:34:27 PM September 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- On tonight's West Texas Talk, we speak to Stephanie LeMenager about energy and culture. Tune in at 6:30 to hear the… https://t.co/iS150viEJG 11:07:29 AM September 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News