Wednesday, 31 August, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | Classical Midday, host Roseland Klein showcases classical pieces and gives a bit of background for her selections
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
8-9 pm | West Texas Jazz, Dave Leonnig hosts this program that celebrates jazz history and geography as related to the development and emergence of jazz art form in the United States
9-11 pm | Lost Frequencies, Nocturnal jazz, exotica, R&B, rock ‘n’ roll, Latin jazz and other lost sounds from atmospheric, otherworldly places
11 pm-midnight | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Aug 30: “Gunning for Education” – a BBC Radio Documentary on Campus Carry in Texas
- Aug 30: “The Light of Consciousness: Part 1” by Katherine Bash
- Aug 19: David Todd and the Texas Landscape Project
- Aug 17: Karen Bernstein’s Richard Linklater documentary
- Aug 12: U.T. Arlington Researchers Hoping to Test Environment Near Balmorhea Ahead of Drilling Activity
- Aug 09: Mary O. Parker
- Aug 04: Researcher Discusses Pronghorn Restoration Efforts in the Trans-Pecos
- Trump To Meet With Mexican President Ahead Of Immigration Speech
- Got Questions About The 2016 Election? We Want To Answer Them
- Privatized Immigration Detention Centers to be Focus of Federal Review
- Activists Fear Archeological Site Will Be Damaged by Pipeline
- Pipeline Battle Draws Hundreds To Remote North Dakota
- RT @MorningEdition: Mexico's president once compared Trump to Mussolini and Hitler. Today, he is hosting him. https://t.co/2u6aNS1jgO about 13 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We're launching #txdecides to answer your questions about the 2016 elections. Send 'em in! https://t.co/WEz3K4TfUg https://t.co/bLX6cEMWH8 01:03:32 PM August 30, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Flash Flood Watch also in effect across #WestTexas through tonight. https://t.co/Lsc96xLG8l 07:47:28 AM August 29, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News