Thursday, 26 May, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | American Routes, explores the shared musical and cultural threads in blues and jazz, gospel and soul, old-time country and rockabilly, Cajun and zydeco, Tejano and Latin, roots rock and pop, avant-garde and classical and how they are distinguished
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
8-10 pm | Honky-Tonk Happy Hour, hosted by David Branch, your weekly dose of old country honky-tonk
10-11 pm | Rock-a-Billy, Billy and Joni Marginot host an hour of rockabilly music, the genre most often considered the foundations for rock n’ roll
11 pm-midnight | Rock Pile, another locally-hosted throwback show with classic rock oldies – usually based on a theme
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- May 23: Bob Dylan at 75
- May 17: Remembering Guy Clark
- May 13: Wreckless Eric makes his way to Marfa TX this weekend
- May 12: NPR’s Kelly McEvers on Her New Podcast “Embedded”
- May 11: Oscar Garza on Texas Music and California Culture
- May 10: Discussing the Tourist Economy with Kristin Poole of the Sun Valley Center for the Arts
- May 06: Jose Dávila, artist from Guadalajara, at Marfa Contemporary
- RT @traviswesttx: Live #YouthMedia broadcast & listening party @MarfaRadio. Stories reported & produced by #Marfa high schoolers. https://t… about 16 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Our Youth Media stars are ready to go live with our Listening Party. They're on the red carpet now. https://t.co/So6pkMdLBI about 16 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join us tonight 6p for the Youth Media Listening Party at @MarfaRadio and enjoy stories by students. @reportinglabs https://t.co/TxykcZn9iT 09:30:54 AM May 25, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.