Friday, 27 November, 2015
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | Old School Oldies (Rock ‘n’ Roll), locally hosted oldies program with your favorite classics from the 50s to the 80s
1-3 pm | Science Friday, news and entertaining stories about science, hosted by Ira Flatow
3-4 pm | Latino USA, radio journal of news and culture, is the only national, English-language radio program produced from a Latino perspective
4-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6:00-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
8-9 pm | World Music, hosted by Carol Fairlie, this program showcases music from around the world
9-10 pm | Sound Opinions, radio talk show that focuses on new releases and rock music
10 pm-midnight | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
*Rambling Boy, our Texas history program, begins after the 11am newscast
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday: NPR Reporter Tom Gjetlen On the History of U.S. Immigration
- Wednesday: Alpine Art Walk 2015
- Thursday: A Talk with Diana Acosta
- Friday: Lannan Foundation resident writer, Portland poet Mary Szybist
- Monday: Big Bend Artist in Residence: Dawn Baker
- Wednesday: A Lumbee Thanksgiving: Adaptation, Survival, Gratitude
- Thursday: My Life As A Wild Turkey
- Blue Origin Reaches Space, Safely Returns Craft and Rocket in Second Test Flight
- West Texas Nuclear Site Changing Hands in $367 Million Deal
- Kelcy Warren, CEO of Energy Transfer, Appointed to Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission
- Clayton Williams Will Appeal Ruling in Years-long Water Fight
- After Paris, Governors Say They Will Oppose Efforts To Resettle Refugees
- Via @NPR: Used Rocket Is A New Breakthrough For Blue Origin's Space Plan https://t.co/lbbEfTpTuN 06:32:53 AM November 25, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- At 10:20a CT we'll broadcast @nprnews on press conference with @BarackObama and French President Francois Hollande, regarding #ParisAttacks. 10:55:23 AM November 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @traviswesttx: .@BlueOrigin completes 2nd test flight from #WestTexas. Bezos calls it a "game changer." https://t.co/paMlX2eSis https://… 10:23:10 AM November 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.