Born in 1856, Henry Flipper was the first black graduate of West Point Academy and was later stationed in Fort Davis. In celebration of Lt. Flipper’s life, and Black History Month, Marfa Public Radio’s Nolan Boomer reports on his life and times, and his continued presence in Fort Davis.
West Texas Talk: Thursdays at 6:00 PM, rebroadcast Fridays at 9:00 AM
- May 16: Remembering Wile Quintana & Natalie Diaz On Poetry, Love, and Language
- May 09: Filmmakers Joe Cashiola and David Fenster On “A Texas Myth,” Poet Kaveh Akbar
- May 02: Carolyn Pfeiffer and Eileen Myles
- Apr 25: Turning The Pages Of Texas With Lonn Taylor
- Apr 18: Poet Carolina Ebeid On Making and Unmaking
- Apr 11: 2 Conversations: Terry Allen On Radio And Marriage, Dating In Marfa
- Apr 04: Artists Beatriz Cortez and Fernando Palma Rodríguez
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.