The Corporate Support Account Manager is ready to take their media sales career to a meaningful place. This team member is a determined, persuasive, skillful media sales professional. And, s/he loves public radio.
In this outside sales position you will sell radio sponsorship messages and event sponsorships. An account manager in public media is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local print media. In this consultative sales role you will make cold-calls to decision makers at local businesses, meet with them to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a full life cycle sales position in that you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, close the deal, write copy and service the account. While managing an account list you will also focus on developing new business.
• Media sales experience is high on our list. 3+ years is what we are looking for. Sales in broadcast and digital is preferred.
• Passion for Marfa Public Radio and West Texas Public Radio and all that the station offers. We are looking for a BIG fan! Knowledge about the programming is beneficial.
• Smart – We are looking for someone who “gets it” and is able to think strategically to achieve station, client and personal goals.
• Relationship building – establishing relationships face-to-face and virtually to achieve business relationships that are credible and trustworthy.
• Communication skills – thoughtful and persuasive verbal and written communications skills. Can you create credible and professional visual presentations and proposals?
• Market research – the ability to gather market data and use it appropriately to sell multiple platforms.
• New business development – can you secure new business by using a disciplined sales process?
• Time and resource management skills – prioritize effectively to achieve/exceed goals.
• A collaborative personality. We are looking for a team member who values communicating with management and peers for feedback/insight.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field is preferred.
Email (1) a letter explaining your interest and how your skills are aligned to this position and (2) your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is YOUR opportunity TO SELL us on being a qualified candidate for this position!