Only one group of people has legal permission from the United States government to freely cross into the United States from Mexico without passing through a formal border crossing. It’s a crew of firefighters from Mexico that U.S. authorities say are among the best in the world in fighting wildfires. And with the fire season beginning, it’s likely this group will be called on to help. Lorne Matalon reports from the U.S.-Mexico border at Boquillas.
West Texas Talk: Thursdays at 6:00 PM, Fridays at 9:00 PM
- Jun 20: Drew Stuart of Nature Notes; Musician Steve Gunn
- Jun 13: Border Journalists Alfredo Corchado And Angela Kocherga; Writer Toni Jensen On Gun Violence, Fracking, And Sex Trafficking
- Jun 06: Challenges To Dying In The Big Bend; David Shook On Translation
- May 30: David Keller On The History Of Pinto Canyon; Josh T. Franco On La Virgen De Guadalupe’s Appearance In Marfa
- May 23: Borderland Collective Collaborates With Blackwell School Alliance; Emily Esfahani Smith On Living a Meaningful Life
- May 16: Remembering Wile Quintana & Natalie Diaz On Poetry, Love, and Language
- May 09: Filmmakers Joe Cashiola and David Fenster On “A Texas Myth,” Poet Kaveh Akbar
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.