Marfa Public Radio is compiling resources for residents of the area. If you are offering services and would like to be included on this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Last updated Monday, April 6, 2020)
Resources for West Texans:
- Big Bend/Permian Basin – Where Can I Get Tested for COVID-19 in West Texas?
- Big Bend – Relief Funds, Meals, and more
- Permian Basin – Relief Funds, Meals, and more
- Big Bend/Permian Basin – Virtual AA meetings and church services
- April 1, 2020 – KUT – Gov. Abbott Says Religious Services Are Essential — So Can Churches Still Meet? Here’s What He Says.
- March 31, 2020 – NPR – Should We All Be Wearing Masks In Public? Health Experts Revisit The Question
- A Guide from KUT – How to file for unemployment
What you need to know — Marfa Public Radio’s coronavirus reporting:
- April 6, 2020 – As First Case of COVID-19 Is Confirmed in Ojinaga, Presidio Officials Hope Current Measures Will Hold the Line
- March 30, 2020 – Odessa Issues A Shelter-In-Place Order As The Number Of Coronavirus Cases Grows To 5.
- March 13, 2020 – Guidance On Preventing The Spread Of COVID-19 In The Big Bend Region.
- March 6, 2020 – Here’s How Healthcare Professionals In West Texas Are Preparing For Coronavirus.