In West Texas, high school football has kicked into high gear, as the winning teams head into the play-offs. The Marfa Shorthorns had a good season – with 6 wins against 3 losses – but it was not enough to get them into the playoffs. Three years ago, Marfa High School switched its program from traditional 11-man football to 6-man football. But now, the future of the program is unclear.
West Texas Talk: Thursdays at 6:00 PM, rebroadcast Fridays at 9:00 AM
- Apr 18: Poet Carolina Ebeid On Making and Unmaking
- Apr 11: 2 Conversations: Terry Allen On Radio And Marriage, Dating In Marfa
- Apr 04: Artists Beatriz Cortez and Fernando Palma Rodríguez
- Mar 28: Permian High School Students Share Their Stories On Growing Up In A Boom Bust Economy
- Mar 21: A Glimpse Of The Big Bend Through Sonic IDs
- Mar 14: Writer Kerry Howley On Larry Nassar, MMA, And American Surveillance
- Mar 07: Short-story Writer Deborah Eisenberg
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.