The 27th annual Texas Cowboy Poetry Gathering is this weekend (February 22 & 23) at Sul Ross State University in Alpine, Texas. As Lorne Matalon reports, the event draws people from across the country for a celebration of cowboy culture.
West Texas Talk: Thursdays at 6:00 PM, rebroadcast Fridays at 9:00 AM
- May 22: Borderland Collective Collaborates With Blackwell School Alliance; Emily Esfahani Smith On Living a Meaningful Life
- May 16: Remembering Wile Quintana & Natalie Diaz On Poetry, Love, and Language
- May 09: Filmmakers Joe Cashiola and David Fenster On “A Texas Myth,” Poet Kaveh Akbar
- May 02: Carolyn Pfeiffer and Eileen Myles
- Apr 25: Turning The Pages Of Texas With Lonn Taylor
- Apr 18: Poet Carolina Ebeid On Making and Unmaking
- Apr 11: 2 Conversations: Terry Allen On Radio And Marriage, Dating In Marfa
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.