Sonja Rose Klein is a fifth generation Texan, a native Houstonian, and graduate of The University of Texas. She has taught school, worked at NASA as an editor and after retiring as a property tax consultant, she moved to the Nueces Canyon 18 years ago where she gardens, reads avidly, writes and raises a few sheep as well as hosting short term rentals on four of the homes on her isolated ranch. She divides her time between her ranch in Real County and her casita in Alpine, Texas.
West Texas Talk: Thursdays at 6:00 PM, rebroadcast Fridays at 9:00 AM
- Feb 14: Joe Nick Patoski On The Hippies, Pickers, Slackers, And Geeks Who Transformed The Capital Of Texas
- Feb 07: The Challenges For Teachers And Schools In Rural Texas
- Jan 31: Author Bill Wright On Border Legend Maggie Smith
- Jan 24: How Did So Many Migrant Children End Up In Tornillo, And Why Did It Close?
- Jan 17: Poet Monica Youn Discusses Her Book, “Blackacre”
- Jan 10: Jenny George
- Jan 03: Live Stories of Risk, Love, and Heartbreak
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.