Enthusiasm at the McDonald Observatory in Fort Davis is running high with the Hobby-Eberly Telescope back on line with world-class instrumentation and a new mission – probing the universe for the composition and effects of Dark Energy. The project is called HETDEX, Hobby-Eberly Telescope Dark Energy Experiment. The astronomer in charge, Professor Gary Hill of UT Austin, describes the project and its exciting possibilities on West Texas Talk.
West Texas Talk:
West Texas Talk: Thursdays at 6:00 PM, Fridays at 9:00 PM
- Jun 13: Border Journalists Alfredo Corchado And Angela Kocherga; Writer Toni Jensen On Gun Violence, Fracking, And Sex Trafficking
- Jun 06: Challenges To Dying In The Big Bend; David Shook On Translation
- May 30: David Keller On The History Of Pinto Canyon; Josh T. Franco On La Virgen De Guadalupe’s Appearance In Marfa
- May 23: Borderland Collective Collaborates With Blackwell School Alliance; Emily Esfahani Smith On Living a Meaningful Life
- May 16: Remembering Wile Quintana & Natalie Diaz On Poetry, Love, and Language
- May 09: Filmmakers Joe Cashiola and David Fenster On “A Texas Myth,” Poet Kaveh Akbar
- May 02: Carolyn Pfeiffer and Eileen Myles
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.