Marfa Public Radio believes in the capacity of public media to shape and animate who we are, where we live, and how we relate. Public media serves a critical role in our region. We are looking for people to join our team
We are currently hiring the following positions:
- Morning Edition Host & Digital Journalist
Morning Edition Host & Digital Journalist
The Morning Edition host writes and delivers on-air newscasts and other show elements within the body of Morning Edition. The host is also responsible for the delivery of underwrites, weather and other station announcements within scheduled breaks. This position also works closely with the All Things Considered host.
The Morning Edition host must be a responsible, productive, and enterprising individual possessing a passion for how global, national, and regional issues connect to the Marfa Public Radio listening area.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- 2 years experience of on-air hosting experience preferred.
- Engaging and professional on-air presence and comfort with hosting a live program.
- Demonstrated history of maintaining high journalistic standards of objectivity, balance, and fairness.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to consistently work well with others.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Efficient at multitasking.
- Demonstrated understanding of digital and social media concepts and tools with an ability to think creatively about digital content.
- Strong broadcast writing and reporting skills.
- NPR quality anchoring and voicing skills
- Ability to produce NPR quality features and spot news.
- Ability to operate digital audio broadcast equipment, including ENCO and similar systems.
- Experience operating a broadcast board.
- Web posting experience.
- Experience with Adobe Audition or other digital audio editing software preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred, but not required
This is a full-time position with benefits.
Salary Range $37,000-$42,000
Marfa Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Code of Ethics
Marfa Public Radio supports the values represented by the Public Media Code of Integrity. It is a family-friendly organization that offers healthcare benefits to its employees and an environmentally-conscious workspace that encourages recycling.
Code of Diversity
Marfa Public Radio knows that a diverse workforce, management team, governing body, and Community Advisory Board contribute greatly to our knowledge and understanding of the diverse communities in West Texas, and to our ability to deliver content and services that will help us attract, grow and engage audiences and help them to achieve their full potential. We endeavor to recruit from a broad pool of candidates enabling us to hire and promote qualified candidates with a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds, personal experiences and characteristics, and talents that reasonably reflect the diverse needs and interests of the communities served by KRTS, KXWT, and its repeaters.