A formal border crossing with Mexico opened a few weeks ago. It links a remote Mexican village with Big Bend National Park in West Texas. The U.S. government, along with Mexican and Canadian partners, is financing a sustainable tourism project in the area. But some locals are skeptical about the need for outside help. Lorne Matalon reports.
Friday, 24 April, 2015
Today on KRTS
midnight-5 am Undercurrents
5-9 am Morning Edition
9-10 am On Point
10-11 am Texas Standard
11 am-1 pm Old School Oldies (Rock ‘n’ Roll)
1-3 pm Science Friday
3-4 pm Latino USA
4-6 pm All Things Considered
6:00-6:30 pm Marketplace
6:30-7 pm West Texas Talk
7-8 pm World Cafe
8-9 pm World Music
9-10 pm Sound Opinions
10p-midnight Music XWT “Across West Texas”
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
*Rambling Boy, our Texas history program, begins after the 11am newscast
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- Monday: Grainger Hunt Talks Garage Rock and Raptors
- Tuesday: Student Directed One Acts at Sul Ross State University
- Wednesday: Earth Day Organizers Talk about the 45th Celebration
- Thursday: Sahra Motalebi, Visual Artist, Composer and Singer
- Friday: Colin McDonald, The Disappearing Rio Grande Expedition 2.0
- Friday: Cristiana Mennella, Translator, Lannan Resident
- Monday: Roger White, Artist and Author of The Contemporaries
- Tuesday: Dr. Thomas Adams, Paleontologist
- Marfa “Robohorns” Robotics Team in Missouri for World Championship
- Rail Shipments to Fort Stockton for Trans Pecos Pipeline Set to Begin
- Marfa Public Radio Wins 8 Regional Murrow Awards
- Brewster County Judge on Trans Pecos Pipeline: “I Do Think It’s a Done Deal”
- Reaction From Energy Transfer Meetings on Trans Pecos Pipeline
- RT @wesatammy: Well done @MarfaRadio! @npratc piece was great. http://t.co/F45F7WkyHw http://t.co/f6YXMf9wnR about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Lannan Foundation resident writer, CRISTIANA MENNELLA, a translator, on our airwaves now. http://t.co/a3NzOor13Z about 1 hour ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Tom2Michael: In #Marfa, Mexican-Americans remember #Giant & Southwest Segregation: http://t.co/BUK6BucQrK @nprnews @MarfaRadio @npratc … about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.