A formal border crossing with Mexico opened a few weeks ago. It links a remote Mexican village with Big Bend National Park in West Texas. The U.S. government, along with Mexican and Canadian partners, is financing a sustainable tourism project in the area. But some locals are skeptical about the need for outside help. Lorne Matalon reports.
Monday, 29 August, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | Classical Midday, host Roseland Klein showcases classical pieces and gives a bit of background for her selections
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-9 pm | Far Out West Texas Blue Monday, Doc Cactus hosts a curated mix of Texas blues music
9-11 pm |Blues Before Sunrise, nationally syndicated, award-winning program focusing on vintage blues and R&B
11pm-midnight | Le Show, Harry Shearer hosts a look at the worlds of media, politics, cyberspace, sports and show business while providing an eclectic array of music along the way
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Aug 19: David Todd and the Texas Landscape Project
- Aug 17: Karen Bernstein’s Richard Linklater documentary
- Aug 12: U.T. Arlington Researchers Hoping to Test Environment Near Balmorhea Ahead of Drilling Activity
- Aug 09: Mary O. Parker
- Aug 04: Researcher Discusses Pronghorn Restoration Efforts in the Trans-Pecos
- Aug 03: The Marfa Intensives
- Jul 28: Bob Livingston
- Flash Flood Watch also in effect across #WestTexas through tonight. https://t.co/Lsc96xLG8l about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NWSMidland: Rain chances will continue Saturday, especially west of Pecos River. Locally heavy rainfall possible. #txwx #nmwx https://t… 08:15:48 PM August 26, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NWSFlashFlood: ⚠️ Move to higher ground! Flash Flood Warning including Sanderson TX, Longfellow TX until 9:45 PM CDT https://t.co/hsqgG… 08:15:37 PM August 26, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.