A formal border crossing with Mexico opened a few weeks ago. It links a remote Mexican village with Big Bend National Park in West Texas. The U.S. government, along with Mexican and Canadian partners, is financing a sustainable tourism project in the area. But some locals are skeptical about the need for outside help. Lorne Matalon reports.
Monday, 24 October, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | Classical Midday, host Roseland Klein showcases classical pieces and gives a bit of background for her selections
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-9 pm | Far Out West Texas Blue Monday, Doc Cactus hosts a curated mix of Texas blues music
9-11 pm | Blues Before Sunrise, nationally syndicated, award-winning program focusing on vintage blues and R&B
11 pm-midnight | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Why Is Texas So Red, And How Did It Get That Way?
- #TXDecides Live Blog: The Final Presidential Debate
- 4 Things To Watch In The Last Presidential Debate
- Trail Closure in Big Bend National Park Due to Increased Bear Activity
- Nuanced Reporting Matters in a Complex World: Keep it Thriving in West Texas!
- #TXdecides live-blog of tonight's #debate starts at 7 PM! Join the conversation and follow along here:… https://t.co/0alP27V1yc 01:08:56 PM October 19, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Board Pres. Jim Byerlotzer & Lorne Matalon receive Lorne's national #Murrow award. Reporting made possible by YOU:… https://t.co/iX0zXOwfqd 08:38:22 AM October 19, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @martyschladen: Feds go to court over gas pipeline crossing under El Paso border fence - https://t.co/zZlAzsKDr2 @BBCAlliance @indiancou… 01:41:37 PM October 18, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News