A formal border crossing with Mexico opened a few weeks ago. It links a remote Mexican village with Big Bend National Park in West Texas. The U.S. government, along with Mexican and Canadian partners, is financing a sustainable tourism project in the area. But some locals are skeptical about the need for outside help. Lorne Matalon reports.
Wednesday, 23 April, 2014
Today on KRTS
midnight-2am Night Train
2am-5am Overnight Music
5-9:30am Morning Edition
9am On Point
10-11am Talk At Ten
11am-1pm Midday Classics
1-3pm Here & Now
3-4pm Afternoon Music
4-6pm All Things Considered
6:30-7pm Talk at Ten (replay)
7pm-9PM Geography of Jazz
9pm-11pm Lost Frequencies
11pm-midnight Overnight MusicTalk at Ten: Our local interview show is live at 10am and rebroadcast at 6:30pm.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
Talk At Ten: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- Monday: Artist Suzanne Bocanegra
- Tuesday: Marfa Live Arts presents Karen Crenshaw
- Wednesday: Sul Ross Con Bio Club
- Thursday: Director Gregory Gonzales discusses politics and theater
- Tuesday: Danish musicians Frode Andersen and Ejnar Kanding
- Friday: Swiss artists Karin Lehmann and Nino Baumgartner
- Monday: American Roots Musician Marisa Anderson To Talk 21st Century Folk
- Tuesday: Exploring the Big Bend Backcountry: How Safe Is It?
- Wednesday: Singer Songwriter Dana Falconberry returns to Marfa
- RT @reportinglabs: Small Texas town, big stories waiting to be told: Meet our #youth reporters from @MarfaRadio. http://t.co/A5NXa9rNyl about 3 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A wildfire from Mexico that blew into West Texas now coming under control. Yesterday it threatened Candelaria Texas. http://t.co/h8fhmRKKYq about 4 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- http://t.co/FkzCGX8e5Q Our friends at @StateImpactTX highlight our sister station @kxwt and a story on traffic deaths in the Petroplex. about 17 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.