A formal border crossing with Mexico opened a few weeks ago. It links a remote Mexican village with Big Bend National Park in West Texas. The U.S. government, along with Mexican and Canadian partners, is financing a sustainable tourism project in the area. But some locals are skeptical about the need for outside help. Lorne Matalon reports.
Tuesday, 30 September, 2014
Today on KRTS
midnight-2 am World Cafe
2-5 am Undercurrents
5-9 am Morning Edition
9 am On Point
10-11 am Science Studio & Talk at Ten
11 am-Noon West Texas Jazz
Noon-1 pm Una Hora Con Primo
1-3 pm Here and Now
3-6 pm All Things Considered
6-6:30 pm Marketplace
6:30-7 pm Talk at Ten (replay)
7-9 pm Indie Music
9-10 pm Groove Line
10-11 pm Night Train Express
Talk at Ten: Our local interview show is live at 10am and rebroadcast at 6:30pm.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
Talk At Ten: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- Tuesday: Journalist Alex Chadwick
- Wednesday: Tift Merritt at the Trans-Pecos Festival of Music + Love
- Thursday: Lobo’s Desert Dust Cinema 2014
- Friday: An Interview With Chamber Rockers Mother Falcon
- Friday: Rhett Miller of the Old 97’s Makes His First Visit to Marfa
- Friday: Lannan Poet-in-Residence Mónica de la Torre
- Monday: KRTS Astronomy Series: Don Winget on White Dwarf Stars
- From @keranews Dallas TX hospital tests a patient for #ebola http://t.co/3Aa2Bgmy6a Waiting for the story from @lsilverwoman about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TexasTribune: ...And we're live. Follow reporter @alexazura, who will be livetweeting tonight's #LtGovDebate. #tx2014 about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- KRTS 93.5 FM will be broadcasting the debate tonight at 7 PM CT for the Texas candidates for Lieutenant Governor. http://t.co/8YSkLpOVLs about 22 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.