A formal border crossing with Mexico opened a few weeks ago. It links a remote Mexican village with Big Bend National Park in West Texas. The U.S. government, along with Mexican and Canadian partners, is financing a sustainable tourism project in the area. But some locals are skeptical about the need for outside help. Lorne Matalon reports.
Monday, 1 September, 2014
Today on KRTS
midnight-2 am World Cafe
2-5 am Undercurrents
5-9 am Morning Edition
9-10 am On Point
10-11 am Rambling Boy and Talk At Ten
11 am-1 pm Midday Classics
1-3 pm Here and Now
3-6 pm All Things Considered
6-6:30 pm Marketplace
6:30-7 pm Talk At Ten (replay)
7-7:30 pm Rambling Boy
7:30-9 pm Blues Monday
9-10 pm Sister Winter
11 pm-midnight Le ShowTalk at Ten: Our local interview show is live at 10am and rebroadcast at 6:30pm.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
Talk At Ten: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- Tuesday: R3 Art Show in Alpine
- Wednesday: Rebroadcast: Texas Nuclear Waste Disposal Sees Big Expansion
- Thursday: Sounds Modern Brings Music Of Mexican Composers To Marfa
- Friday: Reporter Details Former Border Protection Watchdog’s Account of Corruption
- Tuesday: Wendy Davis, Candidate for Governor, Discusses Border Issues and KRTS Youth Media
- “@alexazura: Following ruling that #HB2's ASC provision's unconstitutional, state files motion, asking to enforce it pending appeal process” about 6 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone in reply to alexazura ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For #LaborDay, a KRTS special at 10AM on artist Ralph Fasanella, self-taught painter & working man; 100 years later. http://t.co/FdhpEDUzMN about 12 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today, new requirements for Texas abortion facilities were to go into effect, but Friday's ruling changed all that. http://t.co/TA9AJwsMr0 about 12 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.