A formal border crossing with Mexico opened a few weeks ago. It links a remote Mexican village with Big Bend National Park in West Texas. The U.S. government, along with Mexican and Canadian partners, is financing a sustainable tourism project in the area. But some locals are skeptical about the need for outside help. Lorne Matalon reports.
Thursday, 18 December, 2014
Today on KRTS
midnight-2 am World Cafe
2 am-5 am Undercurrents
5-9 am Morning Edition
9-10 am On Point
10-11 am Talk at Ten
11 am-1 pm American Routes
1-3 pm Here & Now
3-6 pm All Things Considered
6-6:30 pm Marketplace
6:30-7 pm Talk at Ten (replay)
7-9 pm Honky Tonk Happy Hour
9-11 pm Rock-a-Billy
11 pm-midnight Rock PileTalk at Ten: Our local interview show is live at 10am and rebroadcast at 6:30pm.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
* Thursday Science: Science Studio
Talk At Ten: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- In West Texas, A Little Water Goes a Long Way
- Balmorhea Water: A Family Divides Over Water Sales To Permian Basin
- “The Tea Guy” Questions Relationships and Money in His Traveling School Bus
- 2 Suspects in Custody, 1 in Hospital after Shootout with Border Patrol and State Authorities
- As Outrage over Iguala Continues, Mexican President Calls for Police Reform
- The @serial podcast inaugural series wraps up on Thursday. It was made by @WBEZ one of the @nprstations, in Chicago. http://t.co/tRWQVfz51g about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tdbubenik: #Senate confirms first openly gay US district judge of TX - former Western District US attorney Robert Pitman - http://t.co/… about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One #WestTexas legacy ranching family's split over selling water to #oilandgas producers in the #PermianBasin - http://t.co/O6dxIVW23L 02:23:28 PM December 16, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.