A formal border crossing with Mexico opened a few weeks ago. It links a remote Mexican village with Big Bend National Park in West Texas. The U.S. government, along with Mexican and Canadian partners, is financing a sustainable tourism project in the area. But some locals are skeptical about the need for outside help. Lorne Matalon reports.
Wednesday, 27 August, 2014
Today on KRTS
midnight-2 am Night Train
2 am-5 am Undercurrents
5-9 am Morning Edition
9 am On Point
10-11 am Talk At Ten
11 am-1 pm Midday Classics
1-3 pm Here & Now
3-6 pm All Things Considered
6-6:30 pm Marketplace
6:30-7 pm Talk at Ten (replay)
7-8 pm Geography of Jazz
8-9 pm West Texas Jazz
9 pm-11 pm Lost Frequencies
11 pm-midnight Cautionary Tales
Talk at Ten: Our local interview show is live at 10am and rebroadcast at 6:30pm.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
Talk At Ten: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- Monday: Norwegian Reporters Birgit Solhaug & Hanna Stoltenberg
- Tuesday: Back to School: Speaking With Marfa International School Instructors
- Wednesday: Davis Mountains Hummingbird Festival & Old Fort Day
- Thursday: Elizabeth Crook On Her New Book
- Friday: Kay Burnett
- Friday: Upcoming Exhibit: “Ann Marie Nafziger: Field Notes”
- Tuesday: R3 Art Show in Alpine
- RT @kxwt: As @GovernorPerry's team fights legal charges in Austin, he stoppped in #Midland for an oil & gas groundbreaking. http://t.co/bCQ… about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Sub host Julie with GARAGE ROCK the next two hours, then Michael sub-hosts The Groove Line. New voices tonight! about 10 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Schools opened across West Texas today. Listen to our radio report about one small-town, senior-class tradition. http://t.co/BWtXuHFwPD 09:59:34 AM August 25, 2014 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.