A formal border crossing with Mexico opened a few weeks ago. It links a remote Mexican village with Big Bend National Park in West Texas. The U.S. government, along with Mexican and Canadian partners, is financing a sustainable tourism project in the area. But some locals are skeptical about the need for outside help. Lorne Matalon reports.
Wednesday, 22 October, 2014
Today on KRTS
midnight-2 am Night Train
2 am-5 am Undercurrents
5-9 am Morning Edition
9 am On Point
10-11 am Talk At Ten
11 am-1 pm Midday Classics
1-3 pm Here & Now
3-6 pm All Things Considered
6-6:30 pm Marketplace
6:30-7 pm Talk at Ten (replay)
7-8 pm Geography of Jazz
8-9 pm West Texas Jazz
9 pm-11 pm Lost Frequencies
11 pm-midnight Cautionary Tales
Talk at Ten: Our local interview show is live at 10am and rebroadcast at 6:30pm.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
Talk At Ten: Weekdays at 10 AM & 6:30 PM
- Monday: 6th Annual Green Scene Festival Coming to Terlingua
- Tuesday: Rep. Beto O’Rourke: Economic Aid For Juárez Imperative For United States
- Wednesday: Musician Jim Keaveny Discusses His Newest Album
- Thursday: Reporter Colin McDonald Treks Across Texas
- Friday: David Elkowitz Talks Howard Korder and Big Bend AIR Program
- Jim Keaveny and co are live in the studio! Tune in now to hear new music from his new album, Out of Time! http://t.co/Du9crWoT0v about 8 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- HUGE $2,000 match challenge on Morning Edition from Rosalind Klein! 432-729-4578 / http://t.co/RgSkxfazXv to donate! http://t.co/BOW6DadUu6 about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We love the support from our listeners! Thanks to everyone who's donated and keep it coming! 432-729-4578 or http://t.co/NdQn6Rp9AW about 20 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.