Tuesday, 31 May, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-noon | West Texas Jazz, Dave Leonnig hosts this program that celebrates jazz history and geography as related to the development and emergence of jazz art form in the United States
noon-1 pm | Una Hora Con Primo, locally hosted hour of all Spanish music with an emphasis on requests and dedications
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
8-9 pm | No Country for Old Music, a show dedicated to new releases within the month
9-10 pm | Groove Line, Leslie Wilkes hosts this groovy, funky show – playing hits from past decades sure to make you move
10 pm-midnight | Night Train Express (to 1 am), host David Beebe plays grown folks music – a mix of R&B, soul, and jazz – late into the night
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- May 27: Judd Foundation Hosts Star Party in Marfa
- May 26: Alvin Lucier & Charles Curtis
- May 25: Live From the KRTS Youth Media Listening Party
- May 23: Bob Dylan at 75
- May 17: Remembering Guy Clark
- May 13: Wreckless Eric makes his way to Marfa TX this weekend
- May 12: NPR’s Kelly McEvers on Her New Podcast “Embedded”
- U.S.-Mexico Border Sees Resurgence Of Central Americans Seeking Asylum
- With Shuttles Gone, Private Ventures Give Florida’s Space Coast A Lift
- Texas Women Head to New Mexico for Abortion Services
- Texas Border Protection Officer Accused Of Smuggling Immigrants Into US
- Border Patrol Makes Large Pot Bust South of Alpine
- On #WestTexasTalk 6:30p @Tom2Michael (L) visits @butchWTIC & @RoosterWTIC hosts of @WTexasInvestors on @CNBCPrimeTV. https://t.co/rF8RpGnqmb about 5 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NWSMidland: 9 am CDT: showers in the Big Bend near Marfa and Alpine are moving east and may produce up to 1/2" rain. #txwx https://t.co… about 7 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @traviswesttx: Outside the @MarfaRadio studios around 6:30 this AM, still drizzling now #txwx https://t.co/jj32bEswUu about 7 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.