Saturday, 27 August, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, Public Radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of Triple A, Rock, Folk, Blues, Native, Americana, World, Reggae, Dub and Electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-7 am | Classical Morning
7-10 am | Weekend Edition, wraps up the week’s news and offers a mix of analysis and features on a wide range of topics, including arts, sports, entertainment, and human interest stories
10-11 am | The Best of Car Talk, an often humorous call-in show where callers ask about their car problems and the hosts, Tom and Ray Magliozzi, try to diagnose the problem
11 am-noon | Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me, weekly quiz program where you can test your knowledge against some of the best and brightest in the news and entertainment world while figuring out what’s real news and what’s made up
noon-1 pm | This American Life, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
1-3 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
3-4 pm | Radiolab, a curious show where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience
4-5 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
5-6 pm | On The Media, hosted by Bob Garfield and Brooke Gladstone, covering journalism, technology, and First Amendment issues
6-7 pm | Fronteras + Alt.Latino, a collaboration between some Southwest stations that directly impact the area from everything from border issues to immigration and more + a voyage across the world in search of the best new Rock en Espanol and Latin Alternative music releases
7-9 pm | Texas Music: Hour of Power, showcasing all kinds of Texas sounds created over the past century of recorded music
9-11 pm | Texas Music
11 pm-midnight | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Aug 19: David Todd and the Texas Landscape Project
- Aug 17: Karen Bernstein’s Richard Linklater documentary
- Aug 12: U.T. Arlington Researchers Hoping to Test Environment Near Balmorhea Ahead of Drilling Activity
- Aug 09: Mary O. Parker
- Aug 04: Researcher Discusses Pronghorn Restoration Efforts in the Trans-Pecos
- Aug 03: The Marfa Intensives
- Jul 28: Bob Livingston
- Pipeline Battle Draws Hundreds To Remote North Dakota
- Texas Bookseller Picks 3 Summer Reads
- Lawmakers Push Back on Railroad Commission Overhaul Proposals
- Son of ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán Released Unharmed After Kidnapping
- New Decade-Long Study Confirms West Texas Hummingbird Population Rivaled Only by Arizona
- RT @NWSMidland: Rain chances will continue Saturday, especially west of Pecos River. Locally heavy rainfall possible. #txwx #nmwx https://t… about 10 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NWSFlashFlood: ⚠️ Move to higher ground! Flash Flood Warning including Sanderson TX, Longfellow TX until 9:45 PM CDT https://t.co/hsqgG… about 10 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @traviswesttx: Live at 6:30 on @MarfaRadio, talking w/@BBC filmmakers looking at #campuscarry in Texas. Listen: https://t.co/yNCR1l5Mlt about 12 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.