On this edition of West Texas Talk, Rachel Monroe sits down with author and Lannan fellow John Keene to discuss, among other things, his book Counternarratives.
Wednesday, 29 March, 2017
Today on KRTS
midnight-1 am | Night Train Express
1-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | Classical Midday, host Roseland Klein showcases classical pieces and gives a bit of background for her selections
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
8-9 pm | West Texas Jazz, Dave Leonnig hosts this program that celebrates jazz history and geography as related to the development and emergence of jazz art form in the United States
9-11 pm | Lost Frequencies, Nocturnal jazz, exotica, R&B, rock ‘n’ roll, Latin jazz and other lost sounds from atmospheric, otherworldly places
11 pm-midnight | Midnight Snack
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- FBI Director James Comey at the University of Texas Austin 3-23-2017
- Trans-Pecos Pipeline Crews Team Up with Border Patrol
- The Marfa Public Radio Membership Drive Begins March 31
- Marfa Public Radio is Looking for a Development Director!
- Federal Panel Rules Some of Texas’ Congressional Districts Illegal
- RT @marfamyths: #tbt to @MexicanSummer's Freak Terrains radio show crew broadcasting from @MarfaRadio last year. https://t.co/GDFMx0DKen 07:09:02 PM February 01, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marfashorthorns: Shout out to @MarfaRadio for hosting our media students last Friday! Stay tuned for the projects they're working on. h… 07:08:53 PM February 01, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprpolitics: NPR reporters will be fact-checking Trump's first press conference in 167 days. It will begin shortly: https://t.co/6EVCY1… 11:06:56 AM January 11, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News