Scott Carrier produces the podcast “Home of the Brave,” and has contributed to several radio and print outlets like “This American Life.” He came to our station as our first producer in residence, a new program we initiated to encourage mentorship of young producers and coverage of the region. In this episode, Elise Pepple talks to Carrier about how he got started in radio, and the story he worked on during his time spent in the Big Bend. You’ll also hear a snippet from Carrier’s first radio story, “The Hitchhiker.” Scott’s story about the border will be available on his podcast, “Home of the Brave.”
Today on KRTS
West Texas Talk: Thursdays at 6:00 PM, Fridays at 9:00 PM
- May 17: Exploring the Big Bend with Ben English
- May 10: Literary Criticism, Earthquakes, and Walking with Lannan Resident David Ulin
- May 03: Music and Community in Terlingua
- Apr 26: Ballroom Marfa’s Stone Circle and Blackwell School Alliance’s Marfa Storybook Mural
- Apr 19: Lannan Resident Lesley Stern on Film, Smoking, Gardens, and Feminism
- Apr 18: Kelsey Lu On Live Performance, Mix-Making, And Her New Song Shades of Blue
- Apr 17: Helado Negro On His Musical Influences, the Fragility of the Human Voice, and Composing for S-Town
- @bust_boom @LeMenagerUO 12:34:59 PM September 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client in reply to MarfaRadio ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bust_boom: Two very exciting things we have going on in the upcoming weeks! Check it out: https://t.co/aitW8hfBXr 12:34:27 PM September 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- On tonight's West Texas Talk, we speak to Stephanie LeMenager about energy and culture. Tune in at 6:30 to hear the… https://t.co/iS150viEJG 11:07:29 AM September 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News