Enthusiasm at the McDonald Observatory in Fort Davis is running high with the Hobby-Eberly Telescope back on line with world-class instrumentation and a new mission – probing the universe for the composition and effects of Dark Energy. The project is called HETDEX, Hobby-Eberly Telescope Dark Energy Experiment. The astronomer in charge, Professor Gary Hill of UT Austin, describes the project and its exciting possibilities on West Texas Talk.
West Texas Talk:
West Texas Talk: Thursdays at 6:00 PM, Fridays at 9:00 PM
- Dec 13: West Texas Wonders: Your Questions About The Marfa Lights, 4-way Stops, Abandoned Buildings, and Marfa Sewage… Answered!
- Dec 06: Re-broadcast: Claire Dederer Asks “What Do We Do With The Art Of Monstrous Men?”
- Nov 29: Kimberlé Crenshaw Returns To Marfa
- Nov 22: def.sound Brings Melanin and Sunlight to Marfa
- Nov 15: The View from Rural Communities with The Texas Tribune
- Nov 08: Lance Scott Walker, Author of “Houston Rap Tapes: An Oral History of Bayou City Hip-Hop”
- Nov 01: A Breakdown of Regional Races in West Texas
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.