By Mitch Borden
Odessa residents will be able to get tested for COVID-19 for free over the next month. Beginning on June 30th, the City of Odessa will set up mobile coronavirus testing units at parks and have the capacity to administer 200 tests at each location. No appointment is needed on June 30th*, but residents are asked to bring a photo I.D. and to wear a mask.
The city will use funds from the CARES Act to pay for the testing.
As of Wednesday evening, Odessa has had 434 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and an additional 236 individuals are believed to be infected with the virus.
Testing Locations and Times:
- Tuesday, June 30th – Sherwood Park 9 am – 11 am
- Thursday, July 2nd – Woodson Park 11 am – 1 pm
- Tuesday, July 14th – Salinas Park 9 am – 11 am
- Thursday, July 16th – UTPB park 9 am – 11 am
- Tuesday, July 21st – Lawndale Park 9 am – 11 am
- Thursday, July 23rd – Floyd Gwinn Park 11 am – 1 pm
- Tuesday, July 28th – Slaton Park 9 am – 11 am
- Thursday, July 30th – Central Park 9 am – 11 am
For more information call 432-582-7969.
*Editors Note: The City of Odessa clarified that no registration will be needed for the first testing event on June 30th, but officials are considering registration for other testing dates. No decision has been made at this time.