On Friday, August 18, Texas Standard will broadcast live from the Marfa Public Radio station. Join us from 10 – 11am for a coffee tailgate listening party outside the station while David Brown hosts news from across Texas!
Monday, 21 August, 2017
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | Classical Midday, host Roseland Klein showcases classical pieces and gives a bit of background for her selections
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-9 pm | Far Out West Texas Blue Monday, Doc Cactus hosts a curated mix of Texas blues music
9-11 pm | Blues Before Sunrise, nationally syndicated, award-winning program focusing on vintage blues and R&B
11 pm-midnight | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Aug 18: El Paso’s Frontera Bugalú on their innovative borderlands cumbia
- Aug 17: Poet Rosa Alcalá On Her Other Tongue, English
- Aug 17: Damond Benningfield
- Aug 15: West Texas Talk: City Councilman Peter Svarzbein on the Relationship Between El Paso and Ciudad Juarez
- Aug 11: Lannan Resident Cathy Park Hong
- Aug 10: Psychologist Dr. Doug Lisle on Food Addiction and Biology
- Aug 09: Mark Bukowski on the 17th Annual Big Bend Ranch Rodeo
- Two more Democrats are joining the race to challenge U.S Rep. Will Hurd, via @TexasTribune https://t.co/NYZ4ysKjZ7 about 2 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @futurepoem: @MyOtherTongue on @MarfaRadio interviewed by Elise Pepple about her book MyOTHER TONGUE from Futurepoem https://t.co/5eiOex… about 18 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BBCBreaking: Entertainer Jerry Lewis, one of Hollywood's most successful comedians, has died aged 91, US media report https://t.co/H7B2… about 21 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News