On today’s Talk at Ten, tune in for a conversation with Clint Weber. He’s the keeper of the Weber Furlong collection of modern art, which will be featured in an upcoming Retrospective at Building 98. Weber Furlong is Clint’s Great Aunt, and he’s had a deep collection to her art his entire life. Weber Furlong is known as the first American woman modernist, who’s work brought to life qualities often ignored by many other early American modernists. The opening is sponsored by the International Women’s Foundation.
Monday, 30 May, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | Classical Midday, host Roseland Klein showcases classical pieces and gives a bit of background for her selections
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-9 pm | Far Out West Texas Blue Monday, Doc Cactus hosts a curated mix of Texas blues music
9-11 pm |Blues Before Sunrise, nationally syndicated, award-winning program focusing on vintage blues and R&B
11pm-midnight | Le Show, Harry Shearer hosts a look at the worlds of media, politics, cyberspace, sports and show business while providing an eclectic array of music along the way
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- May 27: Judd Foundation Hosts Star Party in Marfa
- May 26: Alvin Lucier & Charles Curtis
- May 25: Live From the KRTS Youth Media Listening Party
- May 23: Bob Dylan at 75
- May 17: Remembering Guy Clark
- May 13: Wreckless Eric makes his way to Marfa TX this weekend
- May 12: NPR’s Kelly McEvers on Her New Podcast “Embedded”
- With Shuttles Gone, Private Ventures Give Florida’s Space Coast A Lift
- Texas Women Head to New Mexico for Abortion Services
- Texas Border Protection Officer Accused Of Smuggling Immigrants Into US
- Border Patrol Makes Large Pot Bust South of Alpine
- Authorities Investigating Death in South Brewster County
- For us open office works. Our #marfamove to a 'news bullpen' format. Via @NPR Employees Yearn For Return To Cubicles https://t.co/LPWGO0QXji 06:04:54 PM May 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Via @NPR: With Shuttles Gone, Private Ventures Give Florida's Space Coast A Lift https://t.co/KkQlVa9fp4 Includes @blueorigin of #WestTexas. 09:24:46 AM May 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @traviswesttx: Live #YouthMedia broadcast & listening party @MarfaRadio. Stories reported & produced by #Marfa high schoolers. https://t… 06:51:52 PM May 25, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.