On today’s Talk at Ten, tune in for a conversation with Clint Weber. He’s the keeper of the Weber Furlong collection of modern art, which will be featured in an upcoming Retrospective at Building 98. Weber Furlong is Clint’s Great Aunt, and he’s had a deep collection to her art his entire life. Weber Furlong is known as the first American woman modernist, who’s work brought to life qualities often ignored by many other early American modernists. The opening is sponsored by the International Women’s Foundation.
Saturday, 23 July, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, Public Radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of Triple A, Rock, Folk, Blues, Native, Americana, World, Reggae, Dub and Electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-7 am | Classical Morning
7-10 am | Weekend Edition, wraps up the week’s news and offers a mix of analysis and features on a wide range of topics, including arts, sports, entertainment, and human interest stories
10-11 am | The Best of Car Talk, an often humorous call-in show where callers ask about their car problems and the hosts, Tom and Ray Magliozzi, try to diagnose the problem
11 am-noon | Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me, weekly quiz program where you can test your knowledge against some of the best and brightest in the news and entertainment world while figuring out what’s real news and what’s made up
noon-1 pm | This American Life, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
1-3 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
3-4 pm | Radiolab, a curious show where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience
4-5 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
5-6 pm | On The Media, hosted by Bob Garfield and Brooke Gladstone, covering journalism, technology, and First Amendment issues
6-7 pm | Fronteras + Alt.Latino, a collaboration between some Southwest stations that directly impact the area from everything from border issues to immigration and more + a voyage across the world in search of the best new Rock en Espanol and Latin Alternative music releases
7-9 pm | Texas Music: Hour of Power, showcasing all kinds of Texas sounds created over the past century of recorded music
9-11 pm | Texas Music
11 pm-midnight | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Jul 13: Transpecos Opens Marfa Film Festival
- Jul 07: Backyard lunch with John Lomax III, talking about Popular Music, Past & Present
- Jul 05: Looking Back at the First Decade of Marfa Public Radio
- Jul 01: John Keene
- Jun 28: Paso Del Norte Civil Rights Project on Solitary Confinement and Prisoners’ Rights
- Jun 24: Lannan Resident: Timothy Donnelly
- Jun 22: Jason Amos on His Propane-Powered Hot Rod
- Mexican Company Could Benefit From Construction Of Border Wall
- U.S. Customs Settles With American Citizen Over Body Cavity Search
- DPS Border Surge Saps Officers from Rest of Texas
- Scholars and Activists Lambast Proposed Mexican-American Studies Textbook
- Judge Throws Out Landowner’s Lawsuit Against Pipeline Company
- Artist #RobertIrwin says the sky in #Marfa's not like other skies. Our look at his new work, for @NPRWeekend: https://t.co/Ota6MXfXd0 about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- You can look this #fresh too! https://t.co/pSaRJgWY3u https://t.co/HC0Gl5c2Cq about 21 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @fronterasdesk: Could any Mexican companies actually benefit from Trump's proposed border wall? https://t.co/P7Xzumbvte https://t.co/1Uz… 07:23:52 AM July 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.