On today’s Talk at Ten, tune in for a conversation with Clint Weber. He’s the keeper of the Weber Furlong collection of modern art, which will be featured in an upcoming Retrospective at Building 98. Weber Furlong is Clint’s Great Aunt, and he’s had a deep collection to her art his entire life. Weber Furlong is known as the first American woman modernist, who’s work brought to life qualities often ignored by many other early American modernists. The opening is sponsored by the International Women’s Foundation.
Thursday, 29 June, 2017
Today on KRTS
midnight-1 am | Midnight Snack
1-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | American Routes, explores the shared musical and cultural threads in blues and jazz, gospel and soul, old-time country and rockabilly, Cajun and zydeco, Tejano and Latin, roots rock and pop, avant-garde and classical and how they are distinguished
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | Rock-a-Billy, Billy and Joni Marginot host an hour of rockabilly music, the genre most often considered the foundations for rock n’ roll
8-10 pm | Honky-Tonk Happy Hour, hosted by David Branch, your weekly dose of old country honky-tonk
10-11 pm | Wreck Shop, hosted by Chloe Gallagher, hip-hop and R&B from the Golden Era to present day
11 pm-midnight | Rock Pillow, locally-hosted throwback show with classic rock oldies – usually based on a theme
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- How Foresters Are Saving This West Texas Tree
- UTPB Honors President Watts, Welcomes New Leadership
- City Of El Paso Joins Plaintiffs In Suit Against Texas Immigration Law
- Trump’s Proposed Budget Would Cut Amtrak Service to 220 Cities and Towns
- UPDATE: Terlingua Water Shortage Continues as Officials Fix Well Motor Damages
- Proposed budget cuts would mean the end of train service to more than 220 cities and towns — including Alpine… https://t.co/jb7CwNY0ce 11:48:23 AM June 26, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BigBendNPS: EMERGENCY UPDATE: Crown Mtn #Fire burning in park, closures in effect: https://t.co/MTbdv3Kptz #CrownMountainFire https://t… 10:15:01 AM May 15, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BigBendNPS: EMERGENCY UPDATE: Crown Mtn #Fire burning in park, closures in effect: https://t.co/F2rxSdL3ZC … … #CrownMountainFire https… 10:14:53 AM May 15, 2017 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News