On today’s Talk at Ten, tune in for a conversation with Clint Weber. He’s the keeper of the Weber Furlong collection of modern art, which will be featured in an upcoming Retrospective at Building 98. Weber Furlong is Clint’s Great Aunt, and he’s had a deep collection to her art his entire life. Weber Furlong is known as the first American woman modernist, who’s work brought to life qualities often ignored by many other early American modernists. The opening is sponsored by the International Women’s Foundation.
Wednesday, 28 September, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-1 am | Night Train Express
1-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | Classical Midday, host Roseland Klein showcases classical pieces and gives a bit of background for her selections
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
8-9 pm | West Texas Jazz, Dave Leonnig hosts this program that celebrates jazz history and geography as related to the development and emergence of jazz art form in the United States
9-11 pm | Lost Frequencies, Nocturnal jazz, exotica, R&B, rock ‘n’ roll, Latin jazz and other lost sounds from atmospheric, otherworldly places
11 pm-midnight | Midnight Snack
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Sep 27: Julia Lucille
- Sep 22: Liz Lambert
- Sep 21: Andy Stack of Wye Oak
- Sep 20: Ballroom Marfa to open “This is Presence” exhibition September 23
- Sep 19: Apache Corporation Talks Details About Its “Alpine High” Oilfield Discovery
- Sep 16: Preview of “Ranch Day” at Donald Judd’s “Casa Perez” in Presidio County
- Sep 15: George Veni
- Did the Pope’s Visit Help the Border? Depends Who You Ask
- 4 Things To Watch At The First Presidential Debate
- In Hurd-Gallego Rematch, Veterans Issues Again a Flashpoint
- Presidio County Sheriff Says He’ll Never Sign Conflict of Interest Policy
- Astronomers Find Clues In The Case Of The Glowing Space ‘Blobs’
- Now that's a #WestTexas Trinity. https://t.co/SMHWyaI2N2 about 1 hour ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @traviswesttx: #BorderPatrol says it's assisting with search around #Marfa for 2 suspected of being in US illegally; they ran from early… about 1 hour ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @traviswesttx: From #PresidioCounty Sheriff's Office. This explains the helicopter circling #Marfa this morning. https://t.co/t3iHwaDAPK about 1 hour ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News