On today’s Talk at Ten, tune in for a conversation with Clint Weber. He’s the keeper of the Weber Furlong collection of modern art, which will be featured in an upcoming Retrospective at Building 98. Weber Furlong is Clint’s Great Aunt, and he’s had a deep collection to her art his entire life. Weber Furlong is known as the first American woman modernist, who’s work brought to life qualities often ignored by many other early American modernists. The opening is sponsored by the International Women’s Foundation.
Saturday, 13 February, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, Public Radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of Triple A, Rock, Folk, Blues, Native, Americana, World, Reggae, Dub and Electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-7 am | Classical Morning
7-10 am | Weekend Edition, wraps up the week’s news and offers a mix of analysis and features on a wide range of topics, including arts, sports, entertainment, and human interest stories
10-11 am | The Best of Car Talk, an often humorous call-in show where callers ask about their car problems and the hosts, Tom and Ray Magliozzi, try to diagnose the problem
11 am-noon | Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me, weekly quiz program where you can test your knowledge against some of the best and brightest in the news and entertainment world while figuring out what’s real news and what’s made up
noon-1 pm | This American Life, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
1-3 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
3-4 pm | Radiolab, a curious show where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience
4-5 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
5-6 pm | On The Media, hosted by Bob Garfield and Brooke Gladstone, covering journalism, technology, and First Amendment issues
6-7 pm | Fronteras + Alt.Latino, a collaboration between some Southwest stations that directly impact the area from everything from border issues to immigration and more + a voyage across the world in search of the best new Rock en Espanol and Latin Alternative music releases
7-9 pm | Texas Music: Hour of Power, showcasing all kinds of Texas sounds created over the past century of recorded music
9-11 pm | Texas Music
11 pm-midnight | Music XWT “Across West Texas”
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Factory Workers In Juárez Unionize For Higher Pay, Better Working Conditions
- Wildfire in Big Bend National Park Fully Contained
- Big Bend Wildfire Expected to be Contained This Weekend
- As Opposition Broadens Its Approach, Pipeline Shipments Arrive in Big Bend Region
- 1,500 Acres Burned as Big Bend Wildfire Continues
- RT @kxwt: Our reporter @matalon with a preview of #PopeFrancis in #Juarez. Pope To Visit Juárez During Mexico Trip @hereandnow https://t.co… about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- On #WestTexasTalk tonight at 6:30 PM CT, we walk through Eugene Binder Gallery in #Marfa with #artist Alyce Santoro. https://t.co/bk7DHce8Jd about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @hereandnow: Juárez resident Maria Elena Glazer is confident the Pope will address the city's challenges https://t.co/atnDwKyQCQ https:/… 05:21:31 PM February 11, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.