On today’s Talk at Ten, tune in for a conversation with Clint Weber. He’s the keeper of the Weber Furlong collection of modern art, which will be featured in an upcoming Retrospective at Building 98. Weber Furlong is Clint’s Great Aunt, and he’s had a deep collection to her art his entire life. Weber Furlong is known as the first American woman modernist, who’s work brought to life qualities often ignored by many other early American modernists. The opening is sponsored by the International Women’s Foundation.
Thursday, 25 August, 2016
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-9 am | Morning Edition, weekly morning news program with stories from around the world
9-10 am | On Point, news analysis program that takes calls on different topics currently in the media
10-11 am | Texas Standard, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective
11 am-1 pm | American Routes, explores the shared musical and cultural threads in blues and jazz, gospel and soul, old-time country and rockabilly, Cajun and zydeco, Tejano and Latin, roots rock and pop, avant-garde and classical and how they are distinguished
1-3 pm | Here & Now, reflects the fluid world of news as it’s happening in the middle of the day, with timely, smart and in-depth news, interviews and conversation
3-6 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
6-6:30 pm | Marketplace, public radio’s daily magazine on business and economics news for the rest of us
6:30-7 pm | West Texas Talk, local interview program with a wide range of topics from artists in town to local government issues and more
7-8 pm | World Cafe, host David Dye serves up an eclectic mix of music from blues, rock, and world, to folk, and alternative country with live performances and interviews with celebrated and emerging artists
8-10 pm | Honky-Tonk Happy Hour, hosted by David Branch, your weekly dose of old country honky-tonk
10-11 pm | Rock-a-Billy, Billy and Joni Marginot host an hour of rockabilly music, the genre most often considered the foundations for rock n’ roll
11 pm-midnight | Rock Pile, another locally-hosted throwback show with classic rock oldies – usually based on a theme
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 11am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Aug 19: David Todd and the Texas Landscape Project
- Aug 17: Karen Bernstein’s Richard Linklater documentary
- Aug 12: U.T. Arlington Researchers Hoping to Test Environment Near Balmorhea Ahead of Drilling Activity
- Aug 09: Mary O. Parker
- Aug 04: Researcher Discusses Pronghorn Restoration Efforts in the Trans-Pecos
- Aug 03: The Marfa Intensives
- Jul 28: Bob Livingston
- Texas Bookseller Picks 3 Summer Reads
- Lawmakers Push Back on Railroad Commission Overhaul Proposals
- Son of ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán Released Unharmed After Kidnapping
- New Decade-Long Study Confirms West Texas Hummingbird Population Rivaled Only by Arizona
- Feds to End Private Prison Contracts After Study Found Facilities Unsafe, Inefficient
- RT @npratc: Make the most of what's left of summer w/ suggestions from TX bookseller @frontstreetbooks https://t.co/OtffJSzjmv https://t.co… about 14 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @KUT: #TrumpinATX https://t.co/0uYudg3iqS 07:16:38 AM August 24, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Son of "El Chapo" Guzmán released unharmed after kidnapping earlier this month: https://t.co/shQ0ricSRI https://t.co/1HDYH755t0 07:51:41 AM August 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.