On today’s Talk at Ten, tune in for a conversation with Clint Weber. He’s the keeper of the Weber Furlong collection of modern art, which will be featured in an upcoming Retrospective at Building 98. Weber Furlong is Clint’s Great Aunt, and he’s had a deep collection to her art his entire life. Weber Furlong is known as the first American woman modernist, who’s work brought to life qualities often ignored by many other early American modernists. The opening is sponsored by the International Women’s Foundation.
Sunday, 15 October, 2017
Today on KRTS
midnight-4 am | Undercurrents, public radio’s freewheeling eclectic music mix of triple A, rock, folk, blues, native, Americana, world, reggae, dub and electronica with host Gregg McVicar
4-5 am | Classical Morning
5-7 am | Concierto, classical music presented in Spanish and English, featuring classical music by Latin American and Spanish composers and musicians
7-10 am | Weekend Edition, wraps up the week’s news and offers a mix of analysis and features on a wide range of topics, including arts, sports, entertainment, and human interest stories
10-12 pm | American Routes, explores the shared musical and cultural threads in blues and jazz, gospel and soul, old-time country and rockabilly, Cajun and zydeco, Tejano and Latin, roots rock and pop, avant-garde and classical and how they are distinguished
12-1 pm | The Splendid Table, public radio’s culinary culture and lifestyle program that celebrates food and its ability to touch the lives and feed the souls of everyone
1-1:30 pm | Fronteras, a collaboration between some Southwest stations that directly impact the area from everything from border issues to immigration and more
1:30-2 pm | Alt.Latino, a voyage across the world in search of the best new Rock en Espanol and Latin Alternative music releases
2-3 pm | On the Media
3-4 pm | TED Radio Hour, a show based on Talks given by riveting speakers on the world-renowned TED stage, each show is centered on a common theme
4-5 pm | All Things Considered, each show consists of the biggest stories of the day, thoughtful commentaries, insightful features on the quirky and the mainstream in arts and life, music and entertainment, all brought alive through sound
5-6 pm | Reveal, from The Center for Investigative Reporting
6-7 pm | On Being, a show that takes up the big questions of meaning with scientists and theologians, artists and teachers — some you know and others you’ll love to meet
7-8 pm | The Moth, dedicated to storytelling with each show based on a theme that gets explored in different ways to showcase a great range of human experiences
8-9 pm | Fresh Air Weekend
9-11 pm | Inter-Dimensional Music / Remote Soundtracks / PRX Remix*
11pm-midnight | Le Show
*Hear Inter-Dimensional Music(a transmission of classic New Age, modern psychedelic drone and outer-limits cosmic ambiance) the first Sunday of each Month, and Remote Soundtracks(an exploration of pastoral, gothic, and sublime themes in music and sound featuring experimental, devotional, and indigenous compositions) on the 4th Sunday of the month. PRX Remix broadcasts on the 2nd and 3rd Sundays.
NPR Newscasts: Daily at the top of most hours.
Star Date: Daily at 10am and 7pm.
West Texas Talk: Weekdays at 6:30 PM
- Oct 13: Musician Meshell Ndegeocello
- Oct 12: Giant Magellan Telescope Will Examine Deep Space Like Nothing Before
- Oct 11: A discussion about theatre and race relations with Marjie Scott of Sul Ross University
- Oct 10: A Conversation with Humorist David Sedaris About His New Book “Theft by Finding”
- Oct 06: Musician Robert Ellis
- Oct 05: Dr. Bixler-Márquez and Dr. Irma Montelongo on UTEP’s New Online Chicano Studies Program
- Oct 04: Pickwick Players discuss their original play, Project 398.2
- Voices of Blackwell: Dawn Shannon
- A conversation with humorist David Sedaris about his new book “Theft by Finding”
- Marfa Public Radio’s Fall Membership Drive
- ‘Just A Piece Of Plastic’: Bump Stocks Thrust Tiny Texas Town In Spotlight After Las Vegas
- Apache Forecasts More Drillings Locations in Alpine High Play
- @bust_boom @LeMenagerUO 12:34:59 PM September 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client in reply to MarfaRadio ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bust_boom: Two very exciting things we have going on in the upcoming weeks! Check it out: https://t.co/aitW8hfBXr 12:34:27 PM September 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- On tonight's West Texas Talk, we speak to Stephanie LeMenager about energy and culture. Tune in at 6:30 to hear the… https://t.co/iS150viEJG 11:07:29 AM September 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Get our Newsletter
Who's being interviewed?
When's the next radio party?
Enter your email address to get occasional updates.
NPR Latest News
NPR Music News